replacement sticks for Devo 7E

More
06 Jul 2015 18:56 #35177 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic replacement sticks for Devo 7E

glx wrote: OK
thank you all for your advices
I have now ordered this module
www.banggood.com/XL7105-D03-A7105-Modifi...Flysky-p-922603.html

Do you have any links to installation process, pictures, hints and tips etc... ?

Go to Links in the menu on the left, then RF module installation guide at the bottom of the page.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2015 02:51 - 07 Jul 2015 03:21 #35187 by Doug40
Replied by Doug40 on topic replacement sticks for Devo 7E
The Banggood page does not contain the latest jumpering of the A7105 that was the recommendation when I installed the same module in my 7e a few weeks ago. I don't remember all the details, but the change reduced the power consumption and something else. I think maybe the nightly builds were required to use that wiring. I used the jumpering in the photo below. I think the remainder of the wiring was the same.
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Jul 2015 03:21 by Doug40. Reason: add wiring diagram

More
07 Jul 2015 10:51 #35196 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic replacement sticks for Devo 7E
+Doug40 (and everyone else adding any RF modules to a Devo): the proper wiring is documented in the module installation guide. That's currently the bottom link on the page you get from the Links entry in the menu on the left.

Your wiring is correct if you've installed a nightly build, and is documented as such.

The BG page wiring looks like it's the proper wiring for 4.0.1. Not clear what they mean by "Cathode", but if it's ground, that's the 4.0.1. wiring.

4.0.1 doesn't have the logic to disable the chips when not in use. So you wire enable and to ground, leaving the chips always on. So yes, changing the wiring and updating to a nightly build will reduce power output.

Bottom line: old blog posts, instructions in product reviews, basically anything you find on the web including old posts in this forum and some old PDF's from PB himself, are almost certainly outdated. The official instructions are in the module installation document you get to through the links page. Those - unlike all those old blog posts, etc. - will be updated as the code changes and we get new information. Please use those, and refer people to them for installation instructions.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds