Hold switch damaged

More
28 Jun 2015 21:31 #34809 by IKKI
Hold switch damaged was created by IKKI

Unfortunately my radio came so, any of you know how to fix or workaround? Even if I remove the cable always marks the contact.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2015 06:02 #34820 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Hold switch damaged
What's the problem you're having?

Update that thing to Deviation 4.0.1 ASAP and enjoy it, I highly doubt anything's actually wrong, that's just the factory FW...

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
29 Jun 2015 08:32 - 29 Jun 2015 09:03 #34823 by IKKI
Replied by IKKI on topic Hold switch damaged
No, I have tried 4.0.1 deviation firmware and the last nightly firmware but hold button have an hardware contact in my opinion. Sorry for my English
Last edit: 29 Jun 2015 09:03 by IKKI.

More
29 Jun 2015 10:45 #34827 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Hold switch damaged
I don't get it really too :)
Do you mean the fast switching values -100 / 100 on Hold1 and Hold0?

At the start of the video you can see that they switch multiple times.
You did not switch the hold1 manually, don't you?

More
29 Jun 2015 10:49 - 29 Jun 2015 10:50 #34828 by IKKI
yes, I'm talking about that, but not a quality ... I do not touch any switches, unfortunately does this Flaw, randomly, and even if I remove the connector of the switch does not change anything.
Last edit: 29 Jun 2015 10:50 by IKKI.

More
29 Jun 2015 13:08 #34832 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Hold switch damaged
to clarify, even if you disconnect the switch on the board, you occasionally see the hold change value?

with the switch connected does it do this both in hold0 and hold1 states (i.e. does the randomness happen regardless of switch position)?

does the switch actually work at all? does changing the switch value change the output?

if you could take a high-resolution image of the circuit board it might help me compare to my own.

it is probably a bad solder connection or possibly a missing resistor. It is probably fixable with the right tools. But you should also contact Bangood, and see what they say.

If you want to keep it, you could instead do the switch mod, and then just ignore HOLD outright. It is not a difficult soldering job to do.

More
29 Jun 2015 14:31 - 29 Jun 2015 14:42 #34834 by IKKI

PhracturedBlue wrote: to clarify, even if you disconnect the switch on the board, you occasionally see the hold change value?

with the switch connected does it do this both in hold0 and hold1 states (i.e. does the randomness happen regardless of switch position)?

does the switch actually work at all? does changing the switch value change the output?

if you could take a high-resolution image of the circuit board it might help me compare to my own.

it is probably a bad solder connection or possibly a missing resistor. It is probably fixable with the right tools. But you should also contact Bangood, and see what they say.

If you want to keep it, you could instead do the switch mod, and then just ignore HOLD outright. It is not a difficult soldering job to do.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

From my tests the switch works, is the board that makes a short circuit.
Last edit: 29 Jun 2015 14:42 by IKKI.

More
29 Jun 2015 15:43 #34837 by PhracturedBlue
need to see the other side of the board

More
29 Jun 2015 16:16 - 29 Jun 2015 16:27 #34841 by IKKI
www.rcgroups.com/forums/attachmentNew.php?attachmentid=8002995

Also other switch have same problem?
Look a video... I don't know normal function.
But now, I can't use it for fly, change my command...
You understand?
Last edit: 29 Jun 2015 16:27 by IKKI.

More
29 Jun 2015 17:26 #34844 by PhracturedBlue
since both switches go together, it is likely there is a short between CPIOC pin10 and pin 11.

If you have a voltmeter, check whether these pins are shorted. also check if they are connected to the FMODE/HOLD plugs (the bottom should be FMODE, the top should be HOLD)

you also said it came this way from Banggood, but the image you posted has some modules installed.
Attachments:

More
29 Jun 2015 17:53 #34850 by IKKI
Yes, but I haven't touched that part. I'm unlucky..

More
29 Jun 2015 17:57 #34852 by RedSleds
Replied by RedSleds on topic Hold switch damaged
This looks a bit suspect, perhaps shorting to the SMD component just below it?

DEVO 10 - Multi-module with nRF24L01 +PA +LNA, A7105 +PA, & CC2500 +PA +LNA transceivers.
Nightly Build: v4.0.1-548bbf5 (6/9/2015)
Attachments:

More
29 Jun 2015 18:02 #34854 by RedSleds

IKKI wrote: Yes, but I haven't touched that part. I'm unlucky..

Bang_good will not help, since you have opened up the Tx, you have voided the warranty of the product.

DEVO 10 - Multi-module with nRF24L01 +PA +LNA, A7105 +PA, & CC2500 +PA +LNA transceivers.

More
29 Jun 2015 22:09 - 29 Jun 2015 22:51 #34861 by IKKI
unfortunately I'm here with the loupe to check, they one and the other point will highlight problems. If you want to place the detailed photos. You have to look elsewhere.
:(
Last edit: 29 Jun 2015 22:51 by IKKI.

More
30 Jun 2015 00:21 #34867 by RedSleds
So, it is fixed now? What was the problem?

More
30 Jun 2015 08:13 - 01 Jul 2015 17:11 #34878 by IKKI

RedSleds wrote: So, it is fixed now? What was the problem?

I do not know the normal operation. But by moving a single switch because it moves both Hold that FModE? If they are equal because you call them different? I think it's still broken. And the module has been removed to see if the problem was. However much the remote control is not used.

It bang_good rather not even deigned to respond. For two days I expect.
So for me personally, since money spent, time lost, to have a radio that if I ever get to run will have a range equal to the worst that I own ... Even if it costs 10 times as much ...
End here...

Last edit: 01 Jul 2015 17:11 by IKKI.

More
01 Jul 2015 17:13 #34950 by IKKI
Ho controllato tutte le piste visibili. Il corto circuito รจ altrove.

I have check all visible track.
The short circuit is under something ...

More
01 Jul 2015 17:53 #34953 by robca
Replied by robca on topic Hold switch damaged
Try using the channel monitor instead of the mixer output, to rule out any model programming error... and reflash the 7e with a nighlty build, just to see if anythig changes

Both unlikely, I know, but worth ruling out any software issue

More
01 Jul 2015 18:11 #34957 by IKKI
I do not know what you mean. I already have a night version, my quad only work with that. :)

More
01 Jul 2015 23:40 - 01 Jul 2015 23:52 #34966 by RedSleds
Just to make sure that you don't have some switch assignment/mixing errors in the instuctions of your model.ini file, load a blank model file.

From initial main screen, press ENT > go to "Model Menu" press ENT > "Model setup" press ENT > "Load" press ENT > use UP/DN switch to pick any file that says "None" press ENT.
Then press EXT 2 times, press DN to "Transmitter menu" press ENT > DN to "Channel monitor" press ENT > press R to go to "Stick input" > DN to view the switches in question, and view the results. If everything is good with the switches, then you have a switch assignment/mixing error in the model.ini file that you were using earlier when having the errors.

If that fails to correct your switch errors, I would try formatting the Tx drive to eliminate any possibly corrupted file that might be causing the error(don't forget to save your model files that you want to keep to your PC), download a fresh Nightly Build .zip from the website, flash the new .dfu to the Tx memory, and re-populate the Tx disc with fresh files from the new nightly build folder. ...then see if that fixes the problem.

If that does not fix it, then, most likely, you do have a hardware problem/short/defective main board. Whether it is an issue caused by your mods, (eg: ESD zapped component from not taking proper precautions against static discharge, or solder bridging of circuitry that should not be in contact with each other) or if it was just a bad Tx right out of the box from new, will be an unknown answer.

Last edit: 01 Jul 2015 23:52 by RedSleds.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds