Devo 7e Hubsan x4 not flying great

More
12 Jul 2015 21:45 #35385 by NinerRider
Devo 7e Hubsan x4 not flying great was created by NinerRider
So been out of the hobby for a year or so and have completely forgoten everything I learned about the Devo 7e, I am getting there again by going back through tutorials and it is coming back to me.
I have a Devo 7e that has firmware Deviation 3.0, I know probably should upgrade it right! Anyway got a Hubsan X4 recently, found the HubsanX4.ini file and the ProtoX.ini files and copied them to the transmitter no problems. They bind just fine but when you start to spin the props up the right rear prop doesn't start spinning until you give it quite a bit more gas. You can get it off the ground and fly it, but in flight the right rear is visibly lower if you are not compensating with the sticks. I tried recalibrating the gyro several times and it flashes that it has done so but it still suffers from the same issue. I am pretty sure it is the gyro because if you hold the X4 in your hand and tilt the nose down while feeding it throttle both rear props spin up equally, if you hold it level or nose up the front props and left rear spin up equally but the right rear doesn't spin up until you give it a good bit of gas. If I use the stock transmitter it works as normal. What is it that I am missing?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2015 01:10 #35390 by willpc
Replied by willpc on topic Devo 7e Hubsan x4 not flying great
Does it do the same thing with the stock tx? Only reason I'm asking is I've had that same motor go out on my x4, twice lol.

More
13 Jul 2015 01:45 - 13 Jul 2015 12:36 #35391 by NinerRider
Replied by NinerRider on topic Devo 7e Hubsan x4 not flying great
Yeah that was my initial thought but when you connect with the stock TX it works just fine and flies great. I am baffled it just acts as if the gyro was calibrated on an un-level surface but that isn't the case.
Thanks
Last edit: 13 Jul 2015 12:36 by NinerRider.

More
13 Jul 2015 04:22 #35395 by willpc
Replied by willpc on topic Devo 7e Hubsan x4 not flying great
Gotcha, best of luck!

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds