Devo F7 nightly build help required

More
27 Jul 2015 10:46 #36134 by 24inwork
Devo F7 nightly build help required was created by 24inwork
Hello guys!

I am new here and i have spent about 5 hours reading and looking over forum to understand how to update my DEvo F7 to the last nightly build so i can bind it with my XinXun SKYKING quadro.

1 .I have downloaded latest nightly build for Devo F7 deviationtx.com/downloads-new/category/1...evof7-v4-0-1-ef0d76d
2. I have installed DFU USBDrv Installer-1.1 Walkera USB for Dfuse USD Upgrade
3. I have put my remote in to DFU mode, choose deviation-devof7-v4.0.1-ef0d76d.dfu and press UPGRADE button - everything is fine
4. Than i rebooted remote in to USB mode i got new drive with windows suggestion to format it - done by default

After i have to copy all files and folders from zip archive to my remote buti can not because on my Devo F7 disk only 28 kb free out of 36!!!!
Did i do anything wrong so i got so small space on my Devo F7or how to solve this, please help me guys ?!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2015 10:51 #36137 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo F7 nightly build help required
The devof7 builds are not really ready for use yet.
The problem is that there is too little space for the protocol files, and I don't have any way to deal with that yet. I am still working on the Uploader tool to support this, but it will be some time before it is ready.

More
27 Jul 2015 11:08 #36139 by 24inwork
Replied by 24inwork on topic Devo F7 nightly build help required
Thank you, PhracturedBlue.

More
27 Jul 2015 11:09 #36140 by 24inwork
Maybe it is possible to put new flash card with more space > ? ;)

More
27 Jul 2015 15:26 #36155 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Devo F7 nightly build help required
Would it be possible to use the F7 copying only the protocols that you can actually use? Or do actually use?

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
28 Jul 2015 01:39 #36208 by djtrance
Replied by djtrance on topic Devo F7 nightly build help required
you can put another memory like me, and you can test it, but maybe in the future the devo only will work with the original memory and you must use a special release of the original code.
I'm working on a part of the gui for devo f7 but, I have not to much time for work on it. however I'm still work on it in my free time.
the firmware is working well if you only think in the functionality, but the gui need some work.

More
28 Jul 2015 07:05 #36229 by 24inwork
First of all thank you djtrance and PhracturedBlue for your work!

To djtrance: can i ask you about more details according memory replacement or link to article how to do it. I mean what kind of memory can be put in and what should be done. Is it easy to do ?

More
28 Jul 2015 10:30 #36239 by djtrance
Replied by djtrance on topic Devo F7 nightly build help required
xD, all the work is from PB, I only did some changes and contribution in the gui.
you can use the SST25VF032B memory. but if you change the memory, you cannot use the original firmware. if you use the original firmware with the new memory, you cannot save any model.
if you change the memory, you must be careful, because in the bottom of the original memory there are a path that maybe you can not see it very easily.
I think that the best solution is use a bigger memory, but not all the user want to change it or know how to do it. For this reason PB did a special file system for the original memory. I think that we will need a lot of people with the original memory, for test, when pb has the final code.
with the 32mb memory, you can use the F7 like devo 10. you can use the tx like a pendrive.

More
28 Jul 2015 11:40 #36241 by 24inwork
thnx

More
28 Jul 2015 11:53 #36242 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo F7 nightly build help required
To expand on djtance's response:

The Deviation Uploader will (sometime) have the ability to select which protocols to install (you can only have 2 or maybe 3 with the F7). Then with a stock F7, you can use Deviation

Alternatively, you can replace the memory as djtrance mentioned. In that case you need to change 3 values in the target_defs.h and rebuild:
#define SPIFLASH_SECTORS 16 ==> 1024
//#define SPIFLASH_AAI_AF 1
//#define USE_DEVOFS

As djtrance mentioned this will never be an official build, but once youo get the build system setup, it is not too difficult to do.

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds