Flight Simulator

More
27 Jul 2015 23:31 #36194 by niteliter
Flight Simulator was created by niteliter
Im looking to get a flight sim that I can use windows 7/64bits.and a Devo 10.
Any suggestions?
(FINE PRINT)-Hopefully software I wont need to take out a loan to get..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jul 2015 00:43 #36200 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Flight Simulator
How nice do you want?

RC Desk Pilot is totally free and works with Devo with no adapter (threw the built in USB port) but it's mostly planes tho. Make sure you download the flitetest expansion pack (also free).

FPV Free Rider (the same one as on your phone) is also free for only one map, and $5 for 4 more maps, it's just a single quad tho, no aircraft options.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
28 Jul 2015 00:50 #36202 by niteliter
Replied by niteliter on topic Flight Simulator
I had one years back,maybe 5 yrs back,it was great,Id like to say it was about $25.00,and it came with a CD.Transmitter,and cable,had a few planes,and a few hellies,I have no clue where it went to.Oh well.I wont something with Helicopters.............

More
28 Jul 2015 01:50 #36211 by Zaphod
Replied by Zaphod on topic Flight Simulator
I use Heli-x and Phoenix with my Devo 10. They both work well but Heli-x is probably the more affordable of the two.

More
28 Jul 2015 10:05 #36235 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Flight Simulator
Heli-X needs a better computer with good graphics card.

RealFlight runs also on a bit slower hardware (single CPU, Geforce 5 series) with not-so-highend-Nvidia-cards if you turn off some features (Reflex XTR V5.03 run more smoothly on slow hardware)

Try MultiPlex FlightSim "MultiFlight". It is based on Reflex XTR as far as I know (Reflex required USB dongle).
www.multiplex-rc.de/service/downloads/software.html
Not sure if it only works with MPX transmitters.

More
28 Jul 2015 10:29 - 28 Jul 2015 10:32 #36238 by ThomasC
Replied by ThomasC on topic Flight Simulator
For MultiFlight: works with any joystick type input device on Windows. Free version only contains one scenery and only Multiplex models (no CP helicopters), the physics and graphics are great though.
For Heli-X: on slower computers / computers with graphics that don't support OpenGL 2.0 (essential for Heli-X v5 and v6) there's still the option to use the older Heli-X v4. Heli-X also runs under MacOS and Linux. I use this one for myself, perfectly compatible to Deviation. Try the Demo - in fact there is no "Demo", it's a full version that can be activated by a key, so in case the Demo works, the full version surely will work, too.

Have success :)

---
Last edit: 28 Jul 2015 10:32 by ThomasC.

More
02 Aug 2015 17:29 #36479 by niteliter

Zaphod wrote: I use Heli-x and Phoenix with my Devo 10. They both work well but Heli-x is probably the more affordable of the two.

Ok, I have the Heli-X installed,but when I hook up the Devo 10 via USB,thne turn on the Heli-X,it says NO Controller found?Im guessing I need the dongledohickythingmajig too??

More
02 Aug 2015 17:50 #36483 by ThomasC
@nlite: you only have to select protocol USBHID in model settings - create a dedicated simulator model for that purpose. Your OS (be it Windows, MacOS or Linux) should recognize the controller as DeviationTx Deviation GamePad

ThomasC

Have success

---

More
02 Aug 2015 18:18 #36484 by robocog
Replied by robocog on topic Flight Simulator
I use Phoenix with mine
It does require a USB to PPM dongle - which I got dirt cheap from eBay - and rather naughtily came with 5 or 6 flight sim's bundled that didn't seem to need registering or anything
One of which is Phoenix...

Regards
Rob

More
04 Aug 2015 00:46 #36522 by niteliter

ThomasC wrote: @nlite: you only have to select protocol USBHID in model settings - create a dedicated simulator model for that purpose. Your OS (be it Windows, MacOS or Linux) should recognize the controller as DeviationTx Deviation GamePad

ThomasC

Have success

Have Success me tucuss!
I can see the values change at the bottom of the game screen when I play with the stix,but the heli dont do anythin..........
Attachments:

More
04 Aug 2015 00:56 - 04 Aug 2015 01:01 #36523 by ThomasC
1. make sure your OS does recognize the controller as gamepad and controls are working
2. calibrate the controller within Heli-X (there's no need to calibrate it in the OS)
3. fly
There's an option to use five channels in Heli-X. Calibration is not straight forward, as you have to create special model settings to calibrate five channels. That way you are able to use all switches (Throttlehold, Dualrate, Flight modes) just like on real models. No need to assign any switches inside Heli-X - just program the simulator model like you would program a real model. But that's another story.

There's a Heli-X support forum at forum.heli-x.info/ in case you have difficulties with Heli-X. DeviationTX works well with all versions of Heli-X. I have tested them all, as I am one of the Heli-X alpha testers.

---
Last edit: 04 Aug 2015 01:01 by ThomasC. Reason: added a line

More
04 Aug 2015 15:19 #36542 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Flight Simulator

robocog wrote: I use Phoenix with mine
It does require a USB to PPM dongle - which I got dirt cheap from eBay...

Does anyone know if you can use a PPM receiver to feed the adapter? That way you have a wireless sim?

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
04 Aug 2015 16:07 #36548 by TomPeer
Replied by TomPeer on topic Flight Simulator
maybe you want something like this:
www.miracle-mart.com/store/index.php?mai...239&products_id=9507
Unfotunately it is out of stock now.

More
04 Aug 2015 16:25 - 04 Aug 2015 16:26 #36550 by ThomasC
Replied by ThomasC on topic wireless simulator flight
RXS2SIM would be an option. See yourself if you can get it in your country. In Germany it's available at freakware: www.freakware.de/p/rcware-rx2sim-wireles...cwt300140-a85210.htm - at FastLad ( www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/rcware_rx2sim_w...366.html?language=en ) it's currently out of stock

---
Last edit: 04 Aug 2015 16:26 by ThomasC.

More
04 Aug 2015 23:24 #36563 by TomPeer

More
05 Aug 2015 10:11 #36575 by niteliter

More
05 Aug 2015 12:07 #36578 by TomPeer
Replied by TomPeer on topic Flight Simulator

niteliter wrote: or..maybe......
www.banggood.com/Wholesale-4-In-1-XTR-G4...tor-Set-p-55427.html

cheap. but not wireless.

More
05 Aug 2015 12:23 - 05 Aug 2015 12:24 #36580 by stevecox
Replied by stevecox on topic wireless simulator flight
I have one like this ( www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__5214...mulator_Adapter.html ), if it ever broke I would buy another exact same immediately. I use the ppm in form a rx out. Wireless simulator is the shizzle, this is the only one I use. This one didn't need any install disks, windows 7 through 10 finds the drivers & installs them automagically.

Take heed though, although some of the various models may come with install disks, I actually have bought and own most of the ones mentioned in this thread and others, make sure your antivirus is up-to-date and also run a very very good malware program after installing anything from those disks. Twice I had malware/trojans installed.

Adelaide
Last edit: 05 Aug 2015 12:24 by stevecox. Reason: link

More
31 Oct 2016 04:52 #55536 by dononeness
Replied by dononeness on topic Flight Simulator

ThomasC wrote: 1. make sure your OS does recognize the controller as gamepad and controls are working
2. calibrate the controller within Heli-X (there's no need to calibrate it in the OS)
3. fly
There's an option to use five channels in Heli-X. Calibration is not straight forward, as you have to create special model settings to calibrate five channels. That way you are able to use all switches (Throttlehold, Dualrate, Flight modes) just like on real models. No need to assign any switches inside Heli-X - just program the simulator model like you would program a real model. But that's another story.

There's a Heli-X support forum at forum.heli-x.info/ in case you have difficulties with Heli-X. DeviationTX works well with all versions of Heli-X. I have tested them all, as I am one of the Heli-X alpha testers.

ThomasC - I download the demo version of Heli-X (version 6) and I try it with Devo 10 (deviation firmware 4.0.1 for the 3-in-1 mod) and it does not work.

As you said, I set up a new model with USBHID protocol. I plug the USB in and my windows 7/64 bit recognize it as "Deviation Game Pad". When I open Heli-X, it does not complain anything. Then I went to the configuration trying to calibrate the TX but nothing is moved when I moved the stick.
I also try to load the controller configuration by selecting the DeviationGamePad.xml file but nothing changed.

Did I miss anything? Please help. Thank You.

More
31 Oct 2016 08:23 #55541 by ThomasC
@dononeness: could you try to change the input system (configuration -> global settings -> input system) to something else and retry? Maybe that solves your problem? I also use Win7/64 and didn't have to change the input system, but I don't know in which cases this may be necessary. Different USB chipset?

---

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds