Ladybird v2 vs Hubsan X4 with a deviation TX

More
29 Jul 2015 14:05 - 29 Jul 2015 14:05 #36307 by matrixFLYER
Hi. I would like to know from someone who tried both with a Devo TX which of them has better flight performance.
I tried the hubsan X4 with my devo10 and it was good. But building an fpv racer micro quad I thought the acro mode available on the ladybird would have been better. I already ordered the ladybird v2 FC (v1 is unavailable) but I would like to know more opinions anyway.
Thank you!
Last edit: 29 Jul 2015 14:05 by matrixFLYER.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2015 15:57 #36310 by greenfly
Replied by greenfly on topic Ladybird v2 vs Hubsan X4 with a deviation TX
I have used Deviation with Hubsan quads (both stock and custom FPV builds) and I feel they fly well for the little FPV that I have done. I do not have a Ladybird, but a clone (WLToys V939) that I fly Line-Of-Sight with Deviation. The V939 is more agile, but I think that might be a liability with FPV.

More
29 Jul 2015 16:38 #36311 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Ladybird v2 vs Hubsan X4 with a deviation TX
Does the ladybird do battery voltage telemetry? To me that would be the deciding factor (Hubsan X4 does).

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
10 Aug 2015 21:47 #36748 by SirDomsen
Replied by SirDomsen on topic Ladybird v2 vs Hubsan X4 with a deviation TX
I have both of the quads. And I have to say that the Ladybird flies much more like a Heli, even in Horizon mode. The Hubsan throws the brakes in if you leave the sticks off or even turn it by 90°. The ladybird stops accelerating but doesn't brake - that is for me the main reason why flying the Ladybird is much more funnier. :woohoo:

But one negative thing: It does not transmit its battery voltage, the Hubsan does. But this is not a big deal because the Laybird slowly cuts off the Current at about 3,5V - what results in having a battery that is almost empty. Voltage after one minute of stabilization is about 3.8V.
The Hubsan is much more aggressive against the batteries. :evil: Sucking it out down to 3.0V - in my opininon way to low voltage. Even if it starts blinking you have almost all the capacity gone...

Greetz
SirDomsen

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds