Devo 10 TRIM_L and Trim_R - what do they do?

More
10 Aug 2015 20:38 #36744 by SirDomsen
Hi,
I have a stupid question: What are the mentioned above switches used for? I did not set them up in the trimmer section but what happens is the following:

TRIM_L +: TrimLH moves to the left, TrimRH moves to the right, TrimRV moves down (at
the same time)
TRIM_L - : TrimLH moves to the right, TrimRH moves to the left (at
the same time)
TRIM_R +: Display lightens up, long pushing results in entering the telemetry display. When entered in Main Menu same as the "up" button
TRIM_L -: Short Pressing: Toggleing between Main Menu and Main screen. Long pressing TimLV moves up.

Can anyone explain me what is happening here? I am confused. :blink:
Is it possible to set up the trim switches (Trim_L and Trim_R)?
I was able to configure them like the other Trim Switches in the Trim Menu, but they always have their "2nd function" as mentioned above...

Regards
SirDomsen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2015 10:35 #36772 by mwm
They shouldn't do anything unless you configure them. But it sounds like some weird got crossed somewhere.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
11 Aug 2015 11:01 #36773 by SirDomsen
Replied by SirDomsen on topic Devo 10 TRIM_L and Trim_R - what do they do?
OK. for better diagnosis i'll flash stock firmware back today evening. If they act like they should then, i think it has to do with deviation...

ps: i use devo 10 white edition

More
11 Aug 2015 22:28 #36812 by SirDomsen
Hi again,

verified that the problem still exists with devention! :(

any ideas where to search?

I did not use my Devo10 before installling Deviation, but this issue exists from the beginning. Could it have to do with the installation of the A7105 and a nrf24l01 module? Both modules work fine so far...

I appreciate any help

Greetz
Domsen

More
12 Aug 2015 06:38 #36818 by mwm
I'm not a hardware person, but use those trim switches on my 10 with an nrf24l01 and cc2500 added, and they don't do that.

My guess would be that the wires to them were shorted somewhere, or possibly simply plugged in wrong.

A good step would be posting pictures of everything so the hardware guys can check for problems.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
12 Aug 2015 20:56 #36830 by SirDomsen
Solved it!

When I removed the back cover and tried the butttons, they acted as they should. Looked forward what could happen here, then I saw it: shame on me, the two antennas of,my added modules (taken from an old laptop computer) got connection to one of the soldering points of each trim button when the backplate was attached. Moved the antennas between the front panel and the circuit board and voila, everything works fine.

Thanks for the hints

Cheers

SirDomsen

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds