How to set channel failsafe at bind on PPM input?

More
18 Oct 2015 00:24 #38998 by Cereal_Killer
Allright guy's. Now that cleanflight 1.10 has the new failsafe routine I'm suddenly needing to setup my RX failsafe (something I never had to do before the old way or with ANY OTHER flight controller)...

The issue is, I want to set the failsafe "switch" on AUX5. I read up on the procedure to set my OrangeRX R920X and could not get it to work. Finally I decided just to see what happened I'd try setting the AIL and ELE and AUX2 to 2000 and guess what? That worked!

The procedure is:
Put Rx into bind more
set all sticks / switches to desired FS values
hit bind
Confirm it worked

So the issue here is that devo wont allow a PPM inputted channel to be transmitter during bind. Dont know if this is specifically a feature or just the way it is but what can I do to get around this?

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Oct 2015 00:41 #39000 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic How to set channel failsafe at bind on PPM input?
Ok guy's, a little thinking and I found a work around, still if at all possible please let me know how to do it the regular way...

In the mean time I simply copied my Ch6 settings to channel 9 (AUX5), I have Ch6 high as my beeper so it's ok if that turns on with failsafe, then I flipped the Ch6 switch up and that worked as a temp solution. Then I went back in and changed ch9 back to PPM1 after I was done and it worked perfect.

Again my "problem" is solved but if anyone knows the real way to make it set failsafe from a PPM inputted channel, or if anyone was bored and wanted to work on it I (along with anyone else using the newest cleanflight 1.10 version) would definitely appreciate it!

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.029 seconds