DEVO 7e and syma x8w

More
19 Oct 2015 13:53 #39044 by saggy
DEVO 7e and syma x8w was created by saggy
hi guys, I'm an absolute beginner at flying I took the plunge and bought a syma x8w without actually knowing how to fly lol decided to buy a smaller syma x11 to practice indoors but the controllers are absolute rubbish (probably me if I'm honest) anyway I came across a video that says a devo 7e can be used to fly both of these quads and wanted to check that the devo 7e would indeed control both of these before placing an order many thanks for any help and advice in advance

jase

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2015 14:09 #39045 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic DEVO 7e and syma x8w
Check the "supported models" link on the left. The Syma X11 is listed. The X8W isn't, but the X8C is and a search for "X8W transmitter" on Amazon turns up one that's for both the X8W and X8C, so I'd say it'll work.

Note that both require an NRF24L01 module, so you won't be able to fly either until you've physically modified the transmitter to install that RF module.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
19 Oct 2015 14:35 #39048 by Durete
Replied by Durete on topic DEVO 7e and syma x8w
MWM, this isn't as easy ;)
Syma is well known for his constant protocol "upgrades"
Is reported from some months ago, they did an small change on his protocol, affecting to all new shipped models.
So you can receive now, even a fully supported X5C with the new protocol version, so no Devo compatible.
Nobody has captured yet the new Syma protocol, but I'm pretty confident is a minor change.

More
19 Oct 2015 15:07 #39049 by saggy
Replied by saggy on topic DEVO 7e and syma x8w
thanks for the advice guys, from my understanding then if I have a new x8w then I cant use the devo7 without installing some pcb board inside. does anyone know where I could purchase a unit that's already had the chip installed ?

More
19 Oct 2015 20:40 #39055 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic DEVO 7e and syma x8w
If you read Durete's post, it seems like the answer with Syma craft is "We support them, but Syma keeps changing things, so it may not work for the next one you buy." So for things you already own, the only way to find out may be to try and see.

You can't buy Tx's with the modules pre-installed. Walkera doesn't support additional modules, so doesn't sell them that way. I suspect the cost of FCC (or whoever does that in your country) certification makes selling pre-modded ones a non-starter.

Jon Barter is installing modules as a service: www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2364228 . I haven't done it because mine were finished before he started this. I had one that he modded in my hands briefly this morning, and it was fine for that little bit of time. You should PM him here or there to set things up if you're interested.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
29 Oct 2015 14:28 #39348 by saggy
Replied by saggy on topic DEVO 7e and syma x8w
hi guys finally got round to ordering my devo 7e controller now could someone advise me on which module to order to enable me to fly syma x11 and syma x8w ive found these on ebay but not sure what the difference is or which one I need

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NRF24L01-PA-LNA-SMA-A...6:g:irkAAOSwYH5WB1rQ WILL THIS WORK ?
or
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1pcs-nRF24L01-2-4GHz-...a:g:D5oAAOSweW5VQnCS (this one has no antenna which one do I need)
or
www.banggood.com/DEVO-Transmitter-Tuner-...ys-V922-p-89812.html

the banggood one will take an age to be delivered boo hoo

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds