Single Trim toggle?

More
26 Oct 2015 00:36 #39193 by RoGuE_StreaK
Single Trim toggle? was created by RoGuE_StreaK
Not sure if this has been discussed before (couldn't find anything in a cursory search), as has probably previously not been of much use to anyone :lol:
Now with the new Trim switches being discovered in the Devo6, and the likely physical deployment of said switches being momentary 3-way toggles, I've been contemplating various ways these could be utilised. The obvious existing method is the soft toggle via a virtual channel, where a virtual switch is toggle by the use of a PAIR of trims; "Up" for "On", "Down" for "Off".
But I'm wondering if a virtual channel setup could be devised to toggle this using ONE trim? ie./eg. push "Up" to toggle "On", then again push "Up" to toggle "Off"?

Not uber-useful for a typical trim setup, but with momentary shoulder-mounted 3-ways it could be quite handy, essentially giving the ability to add FOUR additional on-off switches. Sure you don't have a physical reminder of what the current state is, but it can be used for things that you don't need the physical state to show the bleeding obvious, eg. toggling lighting systems on/off while also using the same switch to toggle it through various modes?

If I get any free time I'll have a sit down and try to nut out the logic that might apply; just throwing it out there for the moment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2015 12:38 #39202 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Single Trim toggle?
This sounds like the "toggle" setting on a trim switch. Maybe I don't understand what you want, though.

I've been thinking we need to do away with trim switches completely. Instead, buttons should each have a channel, eliminating the need for a virtual channel to turn them into a button. It would also mean that any channel could be used to trigger a trim, which is an interesting concept. Not sure there's a sane way to use a channel as a trim, though.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
26 Oct 2015 15:45 #39212 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Single Trim toggle?
How many buttons do we need? Clearly the idea of buttons makes sense, for example to use as the AS3X panic switch, or to engage flip mode for these new little quads, take a photo, or cycle through rates. Many models use trims to toggle video on and off, and on my WLtoys I can turn on/off the bubble-maker and raise or lower the basket! I will use them to simulate a potentiometer for my camera gimbal or to adjust gains.

Using trims as buttons is pretty straightforward and routine now; do you anticipate running out of virtual channels to support these various uses?

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds