Is it normal for trims to be out of whack?

More
30 Oct 2015 13:29 - 30 Oct 2015 13:30 #39369 by Nuggetz
After calibrating sticks I'm finding that my hubsan quads need quite a bit of trim. Is this normal or do I need to adjust something in the model config?
Last edit: 30 Oct 2015 13:30 by Nuggetz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2015 14:10 #39371 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Is it normal for trims to be out of whack?
If you have the Hubsan TX, does the quad need trim when you fly with that? If so you need to calibrate the quad. If you have more than one doing it, then you may need to repeat the calibration of your sticks... be sure that you center all your trims BEFORE you calibrate. If that doesn't work we'll need more details about your setup, like what model TX, version of software, maybe post a copy of the Model.ini.

(Forgive me if you already know this! :unsure: ) Most quads need no trim, although you may need to calibrate the quad. There is often a stick position that starts that process, but on some models the quad will self-calibrate when it is turned on, so you need to be sure to set the quad onto a level surface quickly. Since the process is model-specific, you might try to see if the quad's manual references calibration, or maybe google it.

Also, be sure that you don't have any fibers or other objects on the motor shafts or around the props, as this will keep the quad from operating properly.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds