NEWBIE: Devo 10 PC/Mac Connection problem

More
07 Nov 2015 23:00 #39723 by QC102
Its a long story but towards the end of it.. I purchased a Devo 10 from an online store in China - which I found later does not have a a good history of "customer service".
When it arrived it would not connect with either Win & or iMac. After much help from Arnold and others - I did get a connection on the Mac - and after - surprisingly - on PC - which I thought was me just being brainless and not sorting the drivers correctly.
A recent thread about customizing the Devo splash screen image showed the connection problems cured!
Yesterday I thought I would actually change my splash screen having spent time playing around with different images - but back to square one - the Devo will not connect to either computer. So maybe its an intermittent on the mini USB side of the circuit board or...??
So I have a couple of questions - one being is there any place that does repairs - I am in Aussie 100klm north of Sydney, but I can ship it anywhere worthwhile I suppose. Two, does anybody have a wrecked Devo 10 and want to sell the circuit board or buy my Devo!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2015 05:02 #39727 by mwm

QC102 wrote: Its a long story but towards the end of it.. I purchased a Devo 10 from an online store in China - which I found later does not have a a good history of "customer service".

Are there any online stores in china that have good customer service? For example, I bought a STRX-9 recently (on sale for $20!) from Atomik RC. After the first run, it started flaking out. Called them the next day, and they shipped a replacement later that day.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
08 Nov 2015 06:13 - 08 Nov 2015 06:15 #39730 by QC102
Replied by QC102 on topic NEWBIE: Devo 10 PC/Mac Connection problem

mwm wrote:

QC102 wrote: Its a long story but towards the end of it.. I purchased a Devo 10 from an online store in China - which I found later does not have a a good history of "customer service".

Are there any online stores in china that have good customer service? For example, I bought a STRX-9 recently (on sale for $20!) from Atomik RC. After the first run, it started flaking out. Called them the next day, and they shipped a replacement later that day.

Can you pick 6 numbers between 1 and 50 - I can use your luck to win a lottery! I have no luck - when it comes to Chinese stores!
I purchased a Syma X8W us$145... it arrived and looked good, however it did not respond to the radio and experienced quad flyer tried... it attacked him and chopped his fingers a bit.
I asked for a refund! They did not even want it back and later admitted it was a return which had been " repaired". With the refund I purchased the Devo 10 having decided to build a 450 frame rather than but another RTF from any Chinese store.
And now I am looking for anybody who can suggest why the Devo 10 will not connect with PC or iMac after holding EXT and switch it on.... the screen shows the update screen... but it does not connect!
Last edit: 08 Nov 2015 06:15 by QC102.

More
08 Nov 2015 17:47 #39740 by mwm
Atomik RC is a US company.

I had a 10 that did what yours does. I returned it. Between fighting with them about the return, dealing with the thieves at PayPal and waiting for shipping, it took six months to get done and still cost me money out of pocket.

More
09 Nov 2015 00:38 - 09 Nov 2015 01:10 #39762 by QC102

mwm wrote: Atomik RC is a US company.

I had a 10 that did what yours does. I returned it. Between fighting with them about the return, dealing with the thieves at PayPal and waiting for shipping, it took six months to get done and still cost me money out of pocket.

I have to agree about PayPal. They set themselves up as being so "on your side" I sent in a question explaining my saga and asking if they could stop the store putting refunds into a store credit - and getting it back to my account. After 26 days I got a reply which rambled on a bit and ended, with, I am not sure PP could assist in this matter as its not a simple refund!
I sent a reply pointing out the payment was from my PP account and I had not received goods which were new, unused and fully functional.
Stiil waiting a reply from 6th October 2015!

EDIT: last night I was searching for Devo related on Google and a few posts on here showed up - including a couple from mwm.xxxx I forget the last bit! Guessed it may be you with a name change!
I also noticed that the firmware v4.0.1 was available about 18 months back. Wondering if its a final version and no more updates are planned - especially as Walkera have stopped selling all models except the 7e and the 12. I have not looked at the night builds in case I get into a mess!
Last edit: 09 Nov 2015 01:10 by QC102. Reason: Added content rather than a new post

More
09 Nov 2015 13:42 #39769 by mwm
We did a lot of work towards a new release earlier this year. However, PB is the only person who can do an official release, and got wrapped up in other things before it happened.

At this point, I don't have any qualms about recommending the nightly build. Especially if it's not been updated for a while, as that means people have been running it with no problems. As part of the prep for a release, we got to a state were all major bugs (which might cause you to crash) were things that existed in 4.0.1.

Based on their web site, they don't even sell the 7E and 12 any more, just the F7 and F12E, which are different from the 7E and 12. Support for both of those is in the nightly builds. There's also support for the Taranis, thought I think PB lost interest in that.

Personally, I'm planing on building a tray-style transmitter from scratch that will run deviation. Goddesses know when I'll be able to get started, though.

More
09 Nov 2015 13:47 #39770 by QC102
Thanks for the info. I think its me got the numbers and letters mixed up on the 7 and 12 bit....

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds