Newb - installing 2 modules in a Devo 7e?

More
08 Nov 2015 21:34 #39756 by cte
Hi all. :)

Ok, so I am a total newb at rc stuff. I have spent hours searching around for info but I'm getting lost with the pure volume of info and sources on the web.

So far I've purchased a new Devo 7e and two modules (A7105 and a NRF24L01). I have successfully flashed the 7e with the deviation firmware. Next step is to install the modules.

Can I install them both directly into the 7e or do I need a multi module board? If it is possible to install them directly into the 7e, will I be able to add other types of modules in the future (I don't have any plans to do this for the moment)? If possible, can someone direct me to a good guide on the web relating to installing two boards on a 7e (or similar)? That would be fantastic. :D

Thanks again everyone. Looking forward to trying out the finished controller. 8^)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2015 00:10 #39760 by mwm
To help with the volume: here's the definitive guide bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation/wiki/ModuleInstallation .

That's the only one that I know of that's regularly updated by the developers, and anything else should be ignored. If you have more questions or I haven't adequately answered yours, please check it and the things it links to first.

You can install them both without a multimodule. In fact, on the 7E that's the standard option, as the multimodule is a hard fit in the 7E and 6S form factor.

If you want more than two, you'll have to use a multimodule. That gets you three, and all the currently supported modules.

Again, the above link is the best source for info on installing extra modules. SebyDocky did a series of video tutorials on modifying the 7E at www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuuKkV7OP...vKgUAfVEZlDdKmVZUOC7 . The last two cover the NRF24L01 and the CC2500. The A7105 is an easier mode than the CC2500, as it uses one fewer connections to the transmitter. The real difference is jumpers on the A7105, and those depend on which A7105 module you have.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
09 Nov 2015 09:02 #39766 by cte
Thank you very much. That is great. I will study the pages tonight. Much appreciated. B)

Time to create page: 0.029 seconds