Top Selling FY326 Q7 Board Replacement

More
14 Nov 2015 20:38 #40056 by Ctrlx
I've read talks about the FY326 Q7 here and I hope this is an okay place to post this message.

I currently own 5 of these quads. I have one in particular that I few daily. One particular day while flying. I was in level flight, then I initiated a climb, I had gained @15 feet and bam, dropped out of the air. I collected the quad and replaced the battery with a fresh one thinking it was just the battery had gone flat. After connecting the new battery, none of the orientation LEDs lit but I could see inside the link status LED (red LED on the board) was blinking, but it wouldn't bind with my controller. .."..I think she's dead Jim..." I brought it inside on the workbench and popped the cover. Yep, when applying power, no orientation LEDs but the link status LED (red LED on the board) would blink, but nothing :(. The control board is RED with the markings: TS-FY01R. It contains the SMD chips: Beken BK2425, ARM HL004512AB and M540 along with four marked 2310 (FETs?), one marked: ML5 (I'm assuming is a switching transistor that's used to blink the LED's for re-calibration indication) and one marked: 54ML (which I'm assuming is some type of regulator which gets very HOT!, possibly why the board is dead). I opened my other quads and all have the same RED board with the marking: TS-FY01R. I then did a search for a replacement board and found a seller that had them: duoduogood.com. - Top Selling Q7 Quadcopter FY326, Receiver Board, 4 CH Quad helicopter $9.99. I placed my order. Prior to shipment I got an EMail asking if I had a Red or Green board. I replied that I had a Red board with the markings TS-FY01R. Waited, and the package arrived with a Red board, but it has the markings HR-FY326RA. It does not contain the same hardware, it has a LT5910 , M681, four 2310's, 54MJ and Y1, huh?!. I mounted the board, powered it up, all seems okay, the orientation LEDs blink, the link LED blinks waiting for bind but it will not bind with the controller, nor with any of my controllers.
Does anyone have any information about this replacement board I received (HR-FY326RA)? Was I sent the wrong board for the FY326 Q7? Clearly must be wrong and for what quad is it supposed to go with.

Please see photos. at: www.dropbox.com/sh/ef3u5qnugtehgno/AAAOs...Zr8tFN3LxzPJFla?dl=0

Again, I hope I have not posted this in an incorrect place.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also the source of the proper red TS-FY01R board would be fantastic.
Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2015 22:26 #40094 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Top Selling FY326 Q7 Board Replacement
The LT5910 is the radio chip and it is not compatible with the BK2425 on your original board. No chance the tx will work.

Don't know anything about the board or where you might find a replacement.

More
16 Nov 2015 02:58 #40107 by Ctrlx
Replied by Ctrlx on topic Top Selling FY326 Q7 Board Replacement
Thank you so much for that information!...any source to the datasheet on the LT5910?

More
16 Nov 2015 04:02 #40110 by hexfet
Not that I've been able to find. It's supposed to be an LT8910 radio plus an ARM M0 core. I've only found a Chinese version of the LT8910 datasheet .

More
17 Nov 2015 23:31 #40168 by Ctrlx
...so far I've tried to get that PDF about 20 times, the page starts to load and stops. I'm assuming either access is no longer allowed or the file no longer exists.... damn! :(

More
18 Nov 2015 01:15 #40170 by hexfet
Works fine for me - are you blacklisted in China? :)

I put up a copy here .

More
23 Nov 2015 08:34 - 23 Nov 2015 18:57 #40305 by Ctrlx
UPDATE:

In my original post about my FY326 with a RED board marked: TS-FY01R. I had noted that the 54ML was very HOT! and possibly why the board is dead. It was correct. When I tested the 54ML, if I remember correctly, it was only putting out 1.26v...yep, she's spent. The LDO is a fixed voltage regulator and is set for 2.8v.
Thanks go to Alias_Hendrik for directing me to a part # for the 54ML. I found a vender for the part and replaced the sick one on my board. I applied power and did a voltage test, ah!, 2.85v!, perfect.....RED bind LED, blinking, orientation LEDs, blinking, sweet!.....powered on the TX......TX linked and back to the skies!..... a successful board level repair!
I can only guess that when I gave full throttle from level flight that it overloaded the regulator for some reason and caused it to fail. Anyway, problem solved and back to flying once again! :)
Last edit: 23 Nov 2015 18:57 by Ctrlx.

More
24 Nov 2015 08:48 #40335 by Ctrlx

hexfet wrote: Works fine for me - are you blacklisted in China? :)

I put up a copy here .

Thank you very much!

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds