Re-init problem on devo 7e

More
15 Nov 2015 10:54 #40075 by ale1999style
Re-init problem on devo 7e was created by ale1999style
Hello, I have bought a Devo 7e, recived some days ago and added nrf24l01 module, I have installed the deviation firmware and added eachine h8 and eachine x4 3d models, but always when I go to menu tu set up the model, it doesn't say "bind" but "re-init", so I can't use the devo with this quads. What can I do to solve this problem? thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2015 15:33 #40079 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Re-init problem on devo 7e
Bind vs. Re-Init is set by whether or not you have a Bind ID set - Re-Init means it isn't set, Bind means it is. On protocols that support binding vs. just connecting, Bind will set the receiver so that it only connects to a transmitter and model with that bind id. Some protocols apparently don't care about it at all, and will connect to whatever transmitter they find. Some manufacturers change the behavior between models or even revisions of the same model.

Hard to say from the docs on the CG023 protocol which you've got. Try setting a bind id, and if you have docs on the receiver end, check to see if you may need to do something with it the first time you connect to a transmitter.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
15 Nov 2015 21:56 #40088 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Re-init problem on devo 7e
The toy quads "bind" every time they're powered up. Setting a fixed id in these protocols is just a help to avoid interference if multiple pilots are flying the same model simultaneously.

Turn on the power to the quad, then press re-init/bind and they should connect. For these protocols the "bind" procedure is also initiated when you turn the tx on, or select a new model.

More
15 Nov 2015 22:14 #40092 by ale1999style
Replied by ale1999style on topic Re-init problem on devo 7e
I have done now like you said but they don't bind :dry: :huh:

More
15 Nov 2015 22:31 #40095 by hexfet
Is the nRF module enabled in hardware.ini? The protocol name in the model does not have an asterisk in front of it?

More
16 Nov 2015 20:17 - 16 Nov 2015 20:54 #40119 by ale1999style
Yes, it is enabled in hardware.ini. It doesn't have any asterisk in front of it. Unfortunately it doesn't go.

Edit:
I have seen that when I go to model setup menu, some protocols for example bayang has an "*" near the name and in this case there is re init. With other protocols there is not a "*" and there is near bind. So IT HAS an axterisk near the protocol

Edit 2:
I have removed semicolon before module and now all is working :) very very happy and thank you very much
Last edit: 16 Nov 2015 20:54 by ale1999style.

More
16 Nov 2015 20:49 #40121 by hexfet
The asterisk indicates that deviation does not "see" the module required for the protocol. If Bayang has a leading asterisk then deviation doesn't think there's an nRF installed.

If there's a hardware.ini you're using a nightly build. The nightly does a test to check communication with the modules and on power-up shows an error dialog if the module is configured in hardware.ini but not found. Can you post your hardware.ini file so we can double check? If it's correct I don't know what would explain your symptoms.

More
16 Nov 2015 20:54 #40122 by ale1999style
I have removed semicolon before module and now all is working :) very very happy and thank you very much

More
16 Nov 2015 22:42 #40123 by hexfet
You're welcome :) Happy flying!

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds