Had a interesting thought...

More
29 Nov 2015 06:56 #40475 by magic_marty
Had a interesting thought... was created by magic_marty
Not sure if this has been done before. But with 3d quads getting more and more popular would it be possible to set up a mix on a switch when flipping inverted the switch reverses inputs on the roll and pitch controls? I don't fly 3d quads but i do have a couple of micro 3d helis i would like to try this on..as everybody knows once inverted the roll n pitch reverse so why not have a way to simply reverse them so when inverted you can fly as if it were not inverted? The blade nano qx 3d does this but i am not sure if it is done in the tx or on the flight control board , just guessing i would say it is done in the flight controller..But as powerful as Deviation is seems it could be possible with the tx...on the KK2 boards with the SimonK reversible esc firmware the throttle stick above mid point is positive direction and below is negative so it might also be possible to have the tx automatically switch the roll and pitch depending on where the throttle stick is positioned...
If someone has did this or would like to give this a try please chime in i myself have not tried to program such a setup and not really sure how to...

Thanks all...
<Marty>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2015 13:34 #40478 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Had a interesting thought...
It's in the flight controller, and most of the recent inverted capable quads can do it. In different ways, even, though I'm not sure I understand why.

Yes, deviation could do this. Just add a final mixer in to the mixes with a mux type of multiply, fixed curve, scale of -100 and a switch of thr.

But you probably don't want to do this in the Tx. An "inverted" eas popular for a while when 3d helis first showed up, and generally caused more problems than it solved. Since it wasn't automatic, it doubled the number of orientations you had to deal with, as you could have the switch in either position in every orientation. The new versions working on the flight controller can use the gyroscope to only trigger that when the aircraft is actually upside down. Using the throttle might work better, but I wouldn't bet on it. With gyro dataset in the telemetry freed and the ability to use it in the mixer, you could do it automatically in the Tx.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
29 Nov 2015 13:54 #40479 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Had a interesting thought...
i kind of see how it could cause problems and i would no way try this on a larger heli or quad only on a micro which would not remove any of my body parts if control is lost.But having the throttle do it automatically is something i might try with one of my micro helis but would be a bit tricky cause they don't hover at exactly 50% thats why i kind of thought of maybe a switch...perhaps the trainer switch which when held up reverses the controls ..

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds