Setting up Spektrum AR7210BX

More
10 Dec 2015 02:09 #40769 by nascar1929
Setting up Spektrum AR7210BX was created by nascar1929
My brother sent me his Tarot 450 pro V2 kit to finish building for him and along with it a new Spektrum AR7210BX RX/FBL unit. I started going thought the setup of the unit, but doesn't seem to be working properly. I started with a new model in my Devo 8S TX using the Standard GUI and selected DSMX for the protocol. I got the unit to bind without issue, but when I turn on TX and then connect battery, the ESC just beeps constantly. I disconnected the ESC for now to start going through the setup and mostly was going well until I got to the part where you use the Aileron stick to make adjustments to servo's and pitch. When I move my Aileron stick, nothing happens, but if I move Elevator, the adjustment works. I have quadrouple checked my servo connections to the unit and they are correct. I also noticed when I move the elevator stick when the unit is out of setup mode, the elevator servo doesn't respond. really weird and not sure what's going on. I have set up many of these units in the past, though not using Deviation, and have had no issues. Is there something possibly not right in the TX?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2015 02:22 #40770 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Setting up Spektrum AR7210BX
I presume you have calibrated your sticks, as this could be a cause for some issues. Here are some other things to check:
* It's possible that the sticks are not in the right order. In a typical setup for DSMX, the receiver uses Throttle, Aileron, Elevator, Rudder (TAER) as opposed to the more common AETR of most other protocols. By default Deviation uses TAER for DSMX (I think a nightly had it TEAR, but I think that's not the case now), but if you choose another protocol first, you may have inadvertently set it to AETR. I have a bench servo I keep around and test each receiver output individually... not that I don't trust software... I don't trust my aging eyes!
* It is also possible that one or another stick needs to be reversed. That's hard to tell with a new build, but you can easily hook up servos to the outputs from the receiver and see which way the servos move.

Can you post your model.ini file so we can take a look?

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
10 Dec 2015 07:44 - 10 Dec 2015 07:47 #40776 by nascar1929
Replied by nascar1929 on topic Setting up Spektrum AR7210BX
I'll check the TAER and make sure that's correct. I'm pretty sure I looked at that already, but will check again. On the FBL unit, the positions to plug servo's in are THROTTLE for ESC, then CH 1, CH 2, CH 3, CH 4. According to the manual, CH 1 is for Elevator, CH 2 is for Aileron, CH 3 is AUX 1 (Pitch Servo) and CH 4 for Rudder. This is how I have the servo's connected. I wonder if it has something to do with the TAER configuration since the TX thinks under DSMX protocol CH 1 is Throttle when on the FBL unit CH 1 is Elevator. Though not complete I'll try and post an .ini soon.

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Dec 2015 07:47 by nascar1929.

More
18 Dec 2015 06:38 #41014 by Fishfiend
Replied by Fishfiend on topic Setting up Spektrum AR7210BX
Silly question really as you have set a few of them up before, but you are using 1 servo swash plate mixing? Also the only other time i've had issues was when I set DSMX and 7 channels..it doesnt seem to like that, set it to 8 and its fine..good luck

More
22 Dec 2015 21:24 #41091 by nascar1929
Replied by nascar1929 on topic Setting up Spektrum AR7210BX
It is set for 1 servo normal. I do believe its set for DSMX with 7 channels. I'll try 8 channels and see what it does. Thanks

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds