New member , I have a Devo F7 - assistance needed

More
12 Dec 2015 04:01 #40837 by tomasito
Hello,
Surprisingly I came across in the internet that the walkera remote control can be hacked to change it's signal protocol to almost any protocol
out there. This is awesome. I decided to purchase the devo F7 in amazon (tonight!).
I read an article to install/flash the deviation4.0.1 firmware. I saw several different deviation series, but I couldn't find a deviation for the devo F7.
There is deviation-devo7e-V4.0.1 , Can I flash this? I have my doubts that I can not flash this or I'll brick the F7 remote.

can anybody advise, please?

I want to change the devo F7 to the SLT signal protocol.

I am excited about this radio, this will be my coolest christmas present.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Dec 2015 12:24 #40857 by mwm
F7 support is only available in the development builds. You want to follow the "Downloads" link in the left-hand nav column, then select "nightly builds".

Note that you can't really change the protocol of the walkera remote to "almost any" protocol. Using the hardware that comes with it, you can use the Walkera protocols (more of them than Walkera supports, actually), the Spektrum DSM2 and DSMX protocols, and the Nine Eagles J6Pro protocol.

However, you can also add RF modules that support more protocols. With those, you can indeed get to a lot of popular protocols. See the "Supported Models" link in that nav bar for a list of manufacturers/models/protocols and which module they require.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
12 Dec 2015 12:58 #40858 by tomasito
@mwm,
Thank you for the tip. I learned that the F7 doesn't have a graphical interface like the throttle curve or the pitch curve. This sucks. Perhaps the hack will be update to show a curve. I like the way the F7 looks, I like the short antenna.

I will check the nightly builds.
Thank you again

More
12 Dec 2015 19:20 - 12 Dec 2015 19:25 #40866 by Arnold
Look in "Test Builds", in the top link, "Devo6 - Extra Inputs". You'll find it buried in there.

Too many hobbies & too many Devos!
Who knows where the time goes?
Last edit: 12 Dec 2015 19:25 by Arnold.

More
12 Dec 2015 23:50 - 12 Dec 2015 23:54 #40869 by tomasito
@arnold - thank you.
I'll look for it in devo 6

update:
I found several deviation f7, there is an emu . fs, devof7

which one should I download?
Last edit: 12 Dec 2015 23:54 by tomasito.

More
13 Dec 2015 00:02 - 13 Dec 2015 00:16 #40870 by Arnold
Devo F7 is the one. Get the FS too - that's the file system and you'll need to install that after Deviation is installed.
Emu is an emulator that runs on your Windows PC, emulating the behavior of Deviation on the F7. Not necessary, but convenient.

Last edit: 13 Dec 2015 00:16 by Arnold.

More
14 Dec 2015 13:02 - 14 Dec 2015 14:24 #40916 by tomasito
Arnold,
Thank you for the explanation.

Is it possible to reassign the switches?
the reason is that I use to using spektrum DX9 the hold switch is on the right side and the flight mode on the left side.
The F7 the hold switch is on the left and the flight mode switch is on the right.
I want to arrange the F7 switches like the DX9
Last edit: 14 Dec 2015 14:24 by tomasito.

More
15 Dec 2015 00:58 #40936 by Arnold

tomato wrote: ... Is it possible to reassign the switches?

I believe so. That's one of the strengths of Deviation firmware - the user has the means to decide what functions the switches and sticks perform.
Play with it and see how far you can get. That's a good way to learn about Deviation. You can't break anything unless you crash. :dry:

More
15 Dec 2015 01:33 #40937 by tomasito
@Arnold,
I downloaded the F7 emu file.
What do I need to open the file. Since the F7 hasn't arrive yet. I want to try it first in my computer to reassign the switch.
regards,

More
15 Dec 2015 06:01 #40944 by Arnold
I don't use Windows, so I've never tried the Emu material. But, I just downloaded one of the .zip files and unpacked it. I see a DLL and a .exe file along with a folder for the filesystem, so I'm guessing you just double-click the .exe file and see ff it runs.
Maybe someone who really knows can give you a better answer.

More
15 Dec 2015 11:33 #40951 by mwm
If you downloaded the recommended test build, then the emulator isn't a windows binary, and I uploaded it by mistake. There's no reason to download that build for the f7 (at least, I think not). You should use the nightly builds instead, as that test build just adds support for extra switches/buttons on the 6s.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
17 Dec 2015 07:08 #41002 by tomasito
I don't really follow.. I will do more learning

More
27 Dec 2015 07:10 #41168 by YARIMbe
Could someone please explain, is it possible to install the nightly version of the devo F7 firmware on an unmodified one?

Also I've seen in the emulator that it is possible to choose video source... does this option work?

More
30 Jan 2017 03:30 #58545 by Dustalot
I thought I was the only one in the world using a Devo F7. Not much info out there. I just put nightly release 1/20/17 on my Devo F7 but had to use a bind plug with my X350 pro to rebind. The motors won't start spinning until 17% throttle or so and I've calibrated in mission planner so I don't know what to do to reset the end points...if that's even the problem. Also never could control the gimbal with the Aux 2 knob. I was hoping the firmware update would help with the problem.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds