Setting up flight modes in APM 2.6 with Devo 10

More
13 Dec 2015 16:34 #40878 by Littlepip
Hello,
I had this working on my Devo 10 with the stock firmware, but today I have installed Deviation, latest version and have no idea how to get set up again. I followed this link before and it worked great.
diydrones.com/forum/topics/how-to-6-flig...-2-5-using-a-devo-10
but with Deviation I find everything really hard to do or just different I suppose. I have looked about but as a new user I am completely lost and am at the, have I made a mistake stage with converting firmware. I really appreciate the experts who help out here as many of us would be completely stuck without the helpers.
Hope someone has done this already,

Thanks in davance

Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2015 04:45 #40907 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Setting up flight modes in APM 2.6 with Devo 10
I have several models using APM controllers i have set up 5 position modes on my devo8 and 12s
You should be able to use the model.ini file and tweak it a little to work on your 10..just change the fixed ID and stick mode cause i am kind of a oddball that flies on mode3 ...There will also be other things needed to change cause of the different switches between the 10 and 8 ch radios..but it should be a good starting point unless someone else has a .ini file for the 10 and post it..
Attachments:

More
14 Dec 2015 05:49 #40908 by Littlepip
Replied by Littlepip on topic Setting up flight modes in APM 2.6 with Devo 10
Hi Marty, Thank you for you ini file, I will give it a try. I am very new to all of this and my biggest problem is I have memory issues caused by the meds I have to take. I have to re learn everything if I don't do something for a few days it's gone, It drives me nuts. I can forget something in seconds, it is very annoying at times. Even though I have used devention on a7E for a while it's gone now, I am totally new again and can't remember any of it. I do find the original firmware very much easier to use but not as useful.

So thank you for you help it is appreciated, I am not sure I will be able to alter it though, but I will give it a go.

Gary

More
14 Dec 2015 05:56 - 14 Dec 2015 06:01 #40910 by magic_marty
Should be able to alter it on the devo10 ..just change switches to what you want and the stick mode in the tx settings (may not need to change stick mode) also reset or erase the fixed ID to what you like...just be careful and make sure no testing with props on your quad ect...

Hopefully someone else will chime in with more info i have been using deviation since its birth and i am still learning cause i don't use it as often as i should or like...:(

EDIT: Forgot to mention in the model file the virtual switches are just what i set up for my lights so when i apply throttle they come on and if i flip the trainer switch i can flash them ...it wont affect the flight modes ...
Last edit: 14 Dec 2015 06:01 by magic_marty. Reason: added info

More
14 Dec 2015 06:21 #40911 by magic_marty
Just in case here is another model file that does not have the virtual channels for the lights it uses the same flight modes as the other model file...It's from my V-tail which does not have lights.....yet..:)
Attachments:

More
14 Dec 2015 06:41 #40912 by Littlepip
Hi,

I have taken the props off I might have poor memory but I remember what a prop strike feels like and that was over 20 years ago :-)
I will try you models and let you know how I get on.
Thanks again without help I would have to go back to stock firmware I think I find it so hard to understand. One reason is all manuals assume a level of knowledge but often miss steps that seem obvious to the writer but to the clueless like me get stuck on . I often don't understand what the explanations mean especially when using terms like cppm, mux, etc it gets hard when the base terminology is not understood . It is just me being an idiot i suppose but this stuff is hard to learn without recall and memory :-)

Regards

Gary

More
14 Dec 2015 06:52 #40913 by magic_marty
Don't give up, it just takes a little time to learn the basics,but Deviation has a huge learning curve and i myself am no way near it...took me several hours to get the flight modes set up and if i had to do it again it would still take a long time..so i just copy the model file whenever i set up a new model that way all my models use the same switch assignment and i don't accidentally activate the wrong flight mode...

More
14 Dec 2015 20:10 #40932 by Littlepip
Hi All,

I used the model .ini you gave me and changed the rx bind numbers and have got the thing going with 5 flight modes as you used the fmode and rudder dr switches. This is fine and I can live with five modes, hey yesterday I had none working at all. I am very happy for your help I would have been lost on my own, I just wish there were some quad flyers in the Wire Forrest area of Worcestershire who would help me learn FPV, which is my next problem. It seems you get past one problem just to uncover a few more, one step forward two back is my way :-)

I have put a fpv setup on a v tail quad I built a couple of years ago. I tried it the garden but the space is too small I had no chance, and the quad is fast, I might drop prop size and make it struggle a bit to slow the bugger down a bit and try again in the park.

So thanks again, I wish I could help someone but I will have forgotten what I leaned today by tomorrow, it takes me a good while to take anything in now.

Regards

Gary

More
15 Dec 2015 05:10 #40942 by magic_marty
Glad to hear the file worked...You can reassign the switches to which ever you want to use, i believe the reason some of the modes came up on the RUD-Dr switch is the 12 has more switches and i use the 3 pos fmode and 3 pos mix switch for the flight modes...you can make a copy of it on your radio and use it for a backup if you mess up, that's what i do...lol
If you need anymore help post it here and if i can i will be happy to help out if i can..
Happy Holidays and good luck...
<Marty>

More
15 Dec 2015 18:33 #40959 by Littlepip
Marty,

Thanks again for your support, I have no idea how to change the switches from looking at you model ini file that's scary stuff in there. I found a reference to the rudder dr switch but no idea what was happening with that line. I got it working with stock FW only by following parrot fashion someones instructions. I had no idea what was going on with my radio just that it was working. But as I said I am happy, it works now and I can fly the model again, missing one mode is nothing if I plan my flight first. I mainly like using Position hold mode for general flying or just stabilize.

Regards

Gary

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds