Did I pooch my Devo 7E diode mod? How to test?

More
26 Dec 2015 00:18 - 26 Dec 2015 00:21 #41142 by cray-
I tried using conductive ink to perform my diode range mod and accidentally spilled a drop onto half a dozen components in the process. It was quite liquid and I managed to wipe it up and scrap off what I could see.

In the end the correct diode has been bridged, but when i edit my tx.ini and perform a range test, I'm only getting 20-25m at full power with an OrangeRX R615X. About the same as before the mod.

With the power disconnected, I have tested continuity with my multimeter, the diode requiring the mod, appears bridged. The other diodes/resistors in the area havent been shorted, as far as I can tell. Except for the one I have marked in the attached image (not my photo, stolen from hacksmods.com). Could this be the cause of my problems? Should it have continuity or not? I'm not very educated when it comes to electronics. Just learning as I go building my first ZMR250 quad.

The only other thing I can think of is that I did the range test without soldering the RF Shield back on, as it was a royal pain to get off and i didn't want to put it back on until I know everything else is OK. Would this limit range?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Dec 2015 00:21 by cray-.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Dec 2015 02:15 #41145 by gdenton
Leaving the RF Shield shouldn't affect range.

Post your tx.ini file so we can see if it's correct.

More
26 Dec 2015 05:31 - 26 Dec 2015 06:42 #41149 by cray-
OK, thanks for confirming that. I put the shield back into position and sort of pressed it on, without soldering and i managed an extra 5 or 6m anyway.

Another thing i just noticed in the Cleanflight receiver tab: if I toggle my HOLD switch (which I have mapped to ARM) its throwing both AUX1 and AUX2. Same with the FMOD switch (mapped to change Angle/Rate mode) but its throwing AUX1 and AUX2.

Confirmed in Channel monitor that ch5 and 6 both move from -100 to 100 when either HOLD or FMOD are toggled. Added my model1.ini but I'm pretty sure I have my mixers set correctly?

tx.ini attached. Running 4.0.1
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Dec 2015 06:42 by cray-.

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds