LemonRX stepping up their game for 2016

More
24 Feb 2016 23:52 #43591 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic LemonRX stepping up their game for 2016
Also good news for anyone who doesn't use a flight pack - gliders, yachts, etc. Can the older ones be upgraded to the new firmware?

Thanks for reporting it.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2016 00:59 #45363 by Jasenk
Replied by Jasenk on topic LemonRX stepping up their game for 2016
Getting exited about flying with this receiver / gyro combo. Windy spring here in Ohio. I did upgrade my Stinger to s 12 blade EDF and 4s lipo. Mostly for the better sound. I'll have extra power but not necessarily needing it. Won't make a difference to gyro stabilization I'm sure. I hope to report performance soon!

-Jasen

More
27 Apr 2016 01:38 #47280 by Jasenk
Replied by Jasenk on topic LemonRX stepping up their game for 2016
Finally got my modified 12 blade EDF Freewing Stinger out for a spin with the Lemon RX Stabilizer. I used Aux5 to tune the gyro gain in flight. I found I had to turn gain way down due to major aileron / roll oscillation. Basically I had all the gain pots on the stabilizer set to center (50%) and I needed to turn down the remote gain to 10% to stop oscillations. I'd rather had remote gain centered at 50% giving me better tuning resolution. I did not notice any elevator / pitch or rudder / yaw oscillation at these setting. One thing is for sure, the Stinger 12 blade with 4s Lipo is a bit over my experience level, way to fast and quick movements also needing considerable speed to land controllably. I did not attempt to deploy my flap function simply because I was way to nervous to think about additional controls. I hadn't had shaky hands like that in a long time. What an adrenaline rush. I needed more elevator throw and had too much aileron throw so I tuned those setting post flight. I'll try those again some other time. I had one successful landing (belly, no gear) The second attempt I still had too much aileron and clipped a wing tip on the way in and it made the nose twist into the ground hard enough to crack the foam and break the nose off. It's all fixed up now so it wasn't that bad.

Signal strength: The main unit has a single antenna pointing up an the satellite receiver having 2 more antennas, one pointing forward and the other to the side gave me good diversity. I flew way out of my normal flight zone and had no issues with signal as far as I could tell.

Pros:
All in on system with satellite receiver
Remote gain control
Gyro On / Off flight modes
Small compact unit
Price

Cons:
Even with remote gain control the Aileron, Rudder and Elevator gyros didn't seem to have similar PID setting where all the gain pots need to be so different. That being said, I'm sure the type of aircraft has a lot to do with it.
No Auto level mode as far as I can tell. I think it's a 3 Axis gyro without accelerometers.

So far a winner for what I paid and what it does. I did buy it for this specific application. I have chosen other gyros like Hobby Eagle A3 Super, A3 Super II and CC3D for other things and they have their benefits.

-Jasen

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds