how many chanels on devo12s?

More
27 Dec 2015 19:23 #41177 by alban
how many chanels on devo12s? was created by alban
Hello everybody. sorry for my english because i'm french!!!
i would like to buy a devo12s but i would like to know how maximum servo i can use with it? one of my plane get 6 servo for ailerons 4 servo on elevator 3 servos on ruder 1 for the throtle and 3 chanels for the artifices. before i use a powerbox but i would like to know if i can use more than 16 chanel and ree mixing with the devo12s?

thanks per advance for your replys.

best regards

alban

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Dec 2015 22:49 - 27 Dec 2015 22:50 #41184 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic how many chanels on devo12s?
You're going to be hard pressed to find a rx with over 12 individual channel output's. I don't know of ANY (obviously there SBUS with 16ch but none of those rx's have all 16 broke out.

I believe there's some way to program two X8R's to act as a single rx (I think you program it right from the taranis at bind), channels 1-8 come from one rx and 9-16 from the other. If you need 16 individual servo outputs, none linked to one another, and you only want to spend a few hundred bucks I think this might be your only choice.

Maybe check Jeti but again you're looking at a grand (USD) minimum for the tx and hundred dollar receiver .

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 27 Dec 2015 22:50 by Cereal_Killer.

More
28 Dec 2015 00:44 #41188 by Sero
Replied by Sero on topic how many chanels on devo12s?
Alban, could you please post a picture of your plane? I'd love to see what sort of monster you are flying... :blink:

A day without flying can't be called a day.

More
28 Dec 2015 08:31 #41194 by alban
Replied by alban on topic how many chanels on devo12s?
thank you cereal killer :woohoo: ;)
this is my first idea buy a taranis x9d but the devo 12 is more beautifull !!!!
or is it possible to use the taranis protocol in the devo 12?(i need to program all of the neutral and end way for each servo on the radio) or a same system as sbus? because i crash recently my other plane because of the powerbox srs have a trouble with the servo output.

i will post this after noon a photo of my plane

More
28 Dec 2015 11:50 #41196 by alban
Replied by alban on topic how many chanels on devo12s?
Here à pics of my plane

More
28 Dec 2015 20:29 - 28 Dec 2015 20:35 #41206 by Cereal_Killer

alban wrote: or is it possible to use the taranis protocol in the devo 12?

Absolutely devo can run FrSky protocol using a cc2500 module. Only thing is, again to bind the two X8R's in 16 channel mode (where the first RX is channel 1-8 and the second RX is 9-16) I think that requires a taranis, I dont think Devo has the ability to "program" the second TX to output 9-16 in the PWM headers (I say program but it's really just a bit it sends at bind time after you make a menu selection on Taranis to bind the second RX as an extension of the first).

Have you considered an S.BUS converter (S.BUS serial input from receiver to individual PWM outputs)? There are numerous receivers that use several protocols that have S.BUS output and work with devo including OrangeRx (DSMX protocol, using the internal devo module) but DSMX the protocol limits you to 14 channels.I'm not sure if there is an arbitrary channel limit for FrSky protocol running from devo like spektrum has...

I'm not familiar with this "PowerBox" you mention so I cant comment one way or the other on it.

Edit: To clarify something, in this and my previous post, when I say S.BUS I am assuming you're using standard servos controlled via standard 1000-2000us PWM signals. I have absolutely zero experience with a full S.BUS system running actual S.BUS servos. That's an option for you: run all real S.BUS servos then you can eliminate all this.

Last edit: 28 Dec 2015 20:35 by Cereal_Killer.

More
29 Dec 2015 03:36 #41229 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic how many chanels on devo12s?
First, anything more than 12 channels of going to require a custom build., and hopefully no changes other than hoping the max output channel.

I thought the DSMX limit was 12 as well, but that may just be the deviation implementation.

Will the X8R do that bind trick in D8 mode? If not, then it can't be used with deviation until we get a D16 protocol implementation.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
29 Dec 2015 05:00 - 29 Dec 2015 05:00 #41235 by Cereal_Killer
No I believe they require D16 mode for that.

Note I too was under the impression devo limited DSMX to 12 channels but I have 14 channels controllable on my OrangeRx sbus receivers on my naze32's. Under model file I have it set to channels = 12 (that boxes max) but I can control AUX11 and 12. Running a standard nightly.

Last edit: 29 Dec 2015 05:00 by Cereal_Killer.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds