Please help me Understand Deviation Complex Mixers

More
28 Dec 2015 20:16 #41205 by stringrazor
Cross posted from RCGROUPS:

I'm looking to create a Deviated Devo 7E program for my new Nano CPS. There's an ini file on the deviation forum but it's for the 8S and doesn't work the way I want. The NCPS has 3 flight modes and a PANIC recovery function. As I understand it, these modes and functions are controlled via values on CH 5 as follows:

Stability - panic off:+100 Panic on: +140
Agility - panic off: 0 Panic on :+ 40
3D - panic off: -100 Panic on: - 60

I think I just need 2 modes, Stability and 3D. I'd like to use the throttle trim as a momentary button for the panic function.

Unfortunately, I still don't understand how to set up virtual channels and buttons. Can someone help me build this ini?

Update: I think I did it through trial and error. The process of getting the right values didn't make much sense to me but the channel monitor reports the correct output for non panic stability and 3D and the TH trim sends out the correct panic value based on the FMODE SW position. I wont get to fully test it with the NCPS for a few days.

I followed a tutorial doc for creating programs listed in the Deviation forum tutorial thread. The part that baffles me though is getting two exact values out on ch5 using 2 complex mix pages. It was like herding cats. I ended up using the min/max curve type but had to play with the scale and offset for an hour to get the right values. The way the values were affected didn't seem to completely sense and I saw a lot of unexpected results. If some one could point me to a clear explanation of how that works ...or is supposed to work. .. I'd really appreciate it.

I will attach my current ini file later this evening...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2015 20:32 #41207 by stevecox

More
28 Dec 2015 20:46 #41209 by stringrazor
Replied by stringrazor on topic Please help me Understand Deviation Complex Mixers
Thanks. That is the doc I referenced in my post. It is very good but there are still things I don't understand. For example, what is the best way to get a mixer to output two specific values based on switch inputs of -100 and +100 (which is what I think I'm getting from the virtual trim button sw)? I'm sure I went a roundabout way but a more direct approach, if it exists, isn't obvious to me.

More
28 Dec 2015 21:05 #41211 by stevecox
Lets see your ini but quickly something like this (it's 3 way but you should get the gist) - it gives me -100 or 0 or +100?

[channel7]
template=complex
[mixer]
src=FMODE0
dest=Ch7
switch=FMODE0
scalar=-100
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=FMODE0
dest=Ch7
switch=FMODE1
scalar=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=FMODE0
dest=Ch7
switch=FMODE2
curvetype=fixed

Adelaide

More
28 Dec 2015 21:25 - 28 Dec 2015 21:26 #41215 by stringrazor
Replied by stringrazor on topic Please help me Understand Deviation Complex Mixers
If I'm reading that right, the values are specified in simple fixed curves and triggered by the state of FMODE0, 1 & 2 (a 3-pos sw?). What I needed was a bit more involved I think:

Stability - panic off:+100 Panic on: +140
3D - panic off: -100 Panic on: - 60

When FMODE0 is true, I want the CH5 page1 mixer to output +100. If the TH Trim is pressed, I want the same mixer to output +140

When FMODE1 is true , I want the CH5 page2 mixer to output -100. If the TH Trim is pressed, I want the same mixer to output -60.
Last edit: 28 Dec 2015 21:26 by stringrazor.

More
29 Dec 2015 04:01 - 29 Dec 2015 04:03 #41232 by mwm

stringrazor wrote: When FMODE0 is true, I want the CH5 page1 mixer to output +100. If the TH Trim is pressed, I want the same mixer to output +140

When FMODE1 is true , I want the CH5 page2 mixer to output -100. If the TH Trim is pressed, I want the same mixer to output -60.

Complex mixer, two mixes. First has a source of FMODE0, curve of min/max. That should output 100 on FMODE0 and -100 on FMODE1, and is covered in the tutorial.

Set up your throttle trim as a virtual momentary switch. This is covered in both the tutorial and the manual. Note set up the second mix with a fixed curve with a value of 40. User the virtual switch to enable it. Finally, make it an add mux, so you add 40 to the previous output when the switch is on. The trick is the ADD mux, which isn't covered in the tutorial.

If I've understood your requirements properly, this should do it. But test it on the channel monitor, making sure you've got the first mix and virtual channel working properly before setting up the second mix.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.
Last edit: 29 Dec 2015 04:03 by mwm.

More
29 Dec 2015 08:47 #41240 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Please help me Understand Deviation Complex Mixers
So to sumarise the logic, the FMODE is setup to create -100 or +100, and when you use the trim button it ADDs +40 to that value; ie. you have -100 and pressing gives -60, or you have +100 and pressing gives +140

More
03 Jan 2016 22:03 #41356 by stringrazor

mwm wrote:

stringrazor wrote: When FMODE0 is true, I want the CH5 page1 mixer to output +100. If the TH Trim is pressed, I want the same mixer to output +140

Complex mixer, two mixes. First has a source of FMODE0, curve of min/max. That should output 100 on FMODE0 and -100 on FMODE1, and is covered in the tutorial.

Set up your throttle trim as a virtual momentary switch. This is covered in both the tutorial and the manual. Note set up the second mix with a fixed curve with a value of 40. User the virtual switch to enable it. Finally, make it an add mux, so you add 40 to the previous output when the switch is on. The trick is the ADD mux, which isn't covered in the tutorial.

If I've understood your requirements properly, this should do it. But test it on the channel monitor, making sure you've got the first mix and virtual channel working properly before setting up the second mix.

Got it, thanks. I see I was making it much harder than I needed to. I'm beginning to understand now...

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds