psuedo idle-up for 3D multi's?

More
28 Dec 2015 20:57 - 28 Dec 2015 20:59 #41210 by Cereal_Killer
psuedo idle-up for 3D multi's? was created by Cereal_Killer
This is probably painfully obvious to some but I'm having a heck of a time with it... All I'm trying to do is have a psuedo method of having an "idle up" switch for my 3D multi (which uses reversing ESC's for sustained inverted flight all the time. There in no 3D mode from the flight controller, when I want to fly only upright I have to keep the stick centered or above and only use half the movement range or the motors reverse and I crash)

What I'd like to do is have a switch that when off makes it so my throttle channel is only able to output 1500-2000us [0 to +100] but to cover the whole stick range (so it's 1500us [or 0] when it's all the way down and 2000us [+100] when it's all the way up), then when switched on I have the full -100 to +100 range. This would make it so I can fly around in normal upright only mode with the switch off then when I turn it on (i.e. psuedo idle up mode) I can go to the lower half of the throttle.

Is this possible? I've tried playing with the safety and scale values but that doesnt work, I'm guessing it'll have to be a mixer. For a demo use any switch you please, I have no problem changing switch names around to suite. Thanks in advance!

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 28 Dec 2015 20:59 by Cereal_Killer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Dec 2015 03:54 #41231 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic psuedo idle-up for 3D multi's?
Yes, this requires a mixer, because you want to change the behavior based on a switch, and I believe the only switch controlled behavior in the channel settings is safety for a fixed value. Since you need to set an offset, I think you'll need the advanced GUI.

You want a complex mixer with two mixes. Both should have the throttle stick as a source. To start with, make them both a 1-1 curve. Leave one with a scale of 100 and an offset of 0. Set the other to a scale of 50 and am offset of 50, which will make it go from 0 to 100 instead of -100 to 100. This one is your idle up mode. Set the switch to the second mix to whatever switch you want to enable that mode.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
29 Dec 2015 14:47 #41249 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic psuedo idle-up for 3D multi's?
Thank you. This is exactly how I had to setup the throttle for fpv free rider (well not the mixer, but the offset / scale to go from 0 to +100]

Will try this afternoon and report back. Thanks again.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds