Hello! And a few questions.

More
28 Dec 2015 22:04 #41219 by theaddler
Hello! And a few questions. was created by theaddler
Just joined the site. 42 years old. Computer geek Dad was a programmer starting with punch cards, and a pilot. So I fly and play with computer for about 30 years.

Ok, that out of the way. I have a Devo 8s and will be getting a UMX AS3Xtra in two days. I came here to make the tx compatible and hey, found I could do a lot of other cool stuff. Great. But now there is a LOT of other stuff for a short time :)

First question, is there a software side, so you can do setup on the pc then port it over to the controller? or do you need to do setup on the controller. I'm assuming there isn't as I haven't seen it, but maybe I missed it.

Second question, the big piece I am trying to accomplish is to make channel 5, my gear channel, actually use the FMOD 3 position switch to control the 3 flight modes of the plane. I'm not sure what menu screen I should be using to do that. Everything I try, fails on the Input Monitor screen when I test it...

Great site, great work on deviation. Thanks.
Darren

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2015 22:28 - 28 Dec 2015 22:32 #41221 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Hello! And a few questions.
Hello to you to sir.

First answer: there is no need for a front end / GUI. The TX appears to the computer as a USB drive. You can simply open all your files, from TX configurations to model files (.ini files) directly in a text editor.

Second answer: See this thread , for how to create a channel with output's -100, 0, +100
correct link added, click above

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 28 Dec 2015 22:32 by Cereal_Killer.

More
28 Dec 2015 23:04 #41222 by theaddler
Replied by theaddler on topic Hello! And a few questions.
Thanks for the reply Killer of Cereal.
Yeah, I grabbed somebodies ini file over in model configs to look at, I just wondered if there was something pretty to play with vs the editing of files. Just a little lazy sometimes ;P

Thanks for the link, I've only just started perusing it, but it looks like just what i need.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds