faulty switch on Devo F7

More
31 Dec 2015 11:02 #41280 by YARIMbe
faulty switch on Devo F7 was created by YARIMbe
I was trying to use the mix switch as a flight mode switch on my devo f7, but when I go to monitor I can see it only have 2 positions (0-100U)
I then tried to replace the switch with a new one
But still get the same...

Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Dec 2015 14:13 #41282 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic faulty switch on Devo F7
I'm not saying this is your problem, you could by all means have a real HW issue and note I know nothing of the F7 but have a look at this thread for how to mix a 3-pos switch in Devo.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
01 Jan 2016 15:05 #41287 by YARIMbe
Replied by YARIMbe on topic faulty switch on Devo F7
first thanks for the reply, it does seem to be the same problem, only thing different is that i'm using the original firmware,
so if anyone knows how to do what FDR suggest on the stock version it will help me a lot.

More
01 Jan 2016 18:30 #41288 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic faulty switch on Devo F7
What did I suggest? :blink:

More
01 Jan 2016 18:38 #41289 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic faulty switch on Devo F7
+1 to Cereal Killer's suggestion that this is a hardware failure. The connections in most of the Walkera TXs I have seen (admittedly a very limited sample!) look pretty solid, but it's possible that the connector just isn't making contact. In your description it seems that the 2 position (which usually means the top connector on the installed switch) should be examined for a cold solder joint or bad connection. It's probably not a short: If it was shorted you'd always see the Mix2 switch ON.

IF you are comfortable in tracing the circuit for this switch -- properly ground yourself and your tools, don't short anything! -- then you can see if you have continuity between the switch and the pin on the processor. Pin 55 should be connected to the 0 position of the Mix switch (I think that's going to be the bottom connector on the switch itself) and processor pin 56 should be connected to the 2 position (probably the top pin of the switch).

Since I don't have an F7, I can only guess that the processor is position the same way as my 7e, which orients this 64-pin package with the pin 1 on the lower right as viewed from the top. If that's right, then pins 55 and 56 are on the bottom side of the processor, the 7th and 8th pins from the left.

A good digital meter should be able to show continuity without damage to any circuits. You need to remove the power and disconnect the battery prior to testing this circuit!

I have included this TX in my list of processor pin connections here.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
01 Jan 2016 20:12 #41291 by YARIMbe
Replied by YARIMbe on topic faulty switch on Devo F7
FDR I was talking about what you suggested in this post www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...elp-with-devo-10-mix about the 3 point curve.
Deal57 thank you for the detailed answer, I will try to examine the circuit as soon as i'll get the right tools, i'll update on the resault,

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds