devo 10: more 3-pos switches in place of 2-pos?

More
20 Jan 2016 13:58 #41981 by Cereal_Killer
Hi guys. Simple question but I've been searching for a month now (since getting my d10) and just can't find an answer...

Is it possible to replace some of the 2 position switches (the different DR switches) with 3-way switches in stock devo code (obviously I can use the PPM add-on trick like I did on my 7E but I was hoping not to have to do it like that)?

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2016 15:45 #41988 by mwm
I think it depends on what exactly you want to do. One first step would be to find an unused input pin for the extra line. Failing that, you could wire two 2-way switches up to a 3-way switch so that the positions are one on or both off, and that would work on stock firmware, but you your switch names would still be the 2-way switch names, not the 3-way switch names.

If you used a new input, or want a set of 3 way switch names, that would require a custom build.

I've been thinking about rewriting the input handling code so all the inputs are in the hardware config, but that's a ways off yet. This might also let those who wanted to replace the mcu on a 7e with something more capable use the 10 build with a 7e hardware config, but I neec to check that. Lots of time to think about these things when I can't sit at a desk to do them...

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
21 Jan 2016 04:53 #42010 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic devo 10: more 3-pos switches in place of 2-pos?
Thanks for the response.

Are any of the switches hooked to analog inputs (thinking back to your idea on replacing switches with pots)? Or is it like the 7E where the "switches" are actually a multiplexed button matrix?

I really like your idea of wiring two 2-pos switches to one 3-pos, then that'd leave a physical spot free for an arduino controlled 3-way (or whatever) later without having to drill holes.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
21 Jan 2016 05:57 #42017 by mwm
The switches are all wired to single input pins, not a button matrix. I'd have to check the STM docs for the actual pins, but I believe that all the input pins can be configures as either analog or digital input. If that's not true, then there's not really a lot of point in being able to configure the inputs at boot.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds