Need Help with my Devo 10

More
01 Feb 2016 12:32 #42486 by Edrjune1
Need Help with my Devo 10 was created by Edrjune1
So, I recently got a Devo 10, and I have installed the NRF module and flashed with the nightly build to fly a Protocol Video Drone XT. From what I could see, the drone is a clone of the YD829 from Attop. The drone is a little different, but the transmitter is the same. I got the quad bound to the transmitter, but I cannot get it to fly well at all. I am hoping you guys can help me out. It binds and flies, but the TX has to be within a foot of the quad, or it just drifts off into the distance. Also, I cannot get any of the other channels to work, Lights/video/etc. I am really excited that is binds at all, but it's a little confusing since I have messed around with the mixers and nothing seems to change. If anyone has made a model file for the YD829 that works well, maybe I can load that into my model folder and see what may be wrong. As an aside, I have bound it as well to my runner 250 and a blade nano qx FPV and both of those worked well, but the PROTOCOL is the first on the NRF module. Thanks in advance for the help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Feb 2016 02:51 #42752 by Jasenk
Replied by Jasenk on topic Need Help with my Devo 10
Do you have NRF24L01+PA+LNA? PA+LNA allows a higher power output(Power Amplifier) and Low Noise Amplifier . Did you enable that in the TX.ini?

has_pa-nrf24l01=1

If you do have PA. How about TX power wattage output setting. It could be very low, try going to max 150mw in the model menu, model setup, Tx power.

-Jasen

More
08 Feb 2016 03:53 - 08 Feb 2016 03:55 #42755 by Edrjune1
Replied by Edrjune1 on topic Need Help with my Devo 10
Yeah, it is enabled in the hardware.ini and I have this module which I think is PA+LNA. I just am lost. I have been scouring the threads for an answer.
Last edit: 08 Feb 2016 03:55 by Edrjune1.

More
08 Feb 2016 04:09 #42756 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Need Help with my Devo 10
Did you ever power on the module with out the antenna on it? Might have damaged it if so...

More
08 Feb 2016 04:12 #42757 by Edrjune1
Replied by Edrjune1 on topic Need Help with my Devo 10
Yikes, I don't think so, It would be possible, but would that just affect reception because it binds no problem?

More
08 Feb 2016 04:44 - 08 Feb 2016 04:54 #42758 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Need Help with my Devo 10
I know on video transmitters it will damage them and it usually kills the reception and the module still works..Not saying that is your problem just trying to help figure out what's the possible cause..Something you might do a little googling on to see perhaps..

EDIT: From what i have read it kills the PA (power amplifier) therefor it will still bind and work at close range but not at any decent distance...
Last edit: 08 Feb 2016 04:54 by magic_marty.

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds