FrSky telemetry in Sailplanes

More
04 Feb 2016 11:23 #42567 by blackmoon
FrSky telemetry in Sailplanes was created by blackmoon
I want to replace all my current receivers on my gliders with telemetry capable ones. Mostly the FrSky D4R-II and the FrSky D8R-II PLUS ( www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__1435...with_Telemetery.html ).

I'll also thinking of using the Frsky Vario/Altimeter, before investing the first 50€ for test purpose, I'm wondering if someone could shed some light on each telemetry value.

If there is somewhere condensed info on all the data accepted by deviation feel free to kick me a link :D.

So the questions now :

1. Altitude data
In the telemetry page I see that the altitude value is under GPS, does this means that only altitudes sent by a GPS units are allowed ?

Or was it convenient to put it there and data sent by an altimeter will be displayed there to ?

2. Voltage data:
I see three can be displayed, which ones ?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2016 23:05 #42599 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic FrSky telemetry in Sailplanes
The FrSky hub telemetry in the nightly builds is pretty badly broken. I've got a test build that tries to fix it, but I'm using DIY telemetry devices so don't know that it's actually right, and so far nobody has reported any test results using FrSky hardware.

IIRC, the vario altitude value isn't available at all in the nightly. The three voltage values are the two values from the AD converters built into the recievers and one of the hub voltages.

For the record, the RSSI and voltage values from the receiver do work well.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
05 Feb 2016 08:08 #42614 by blackmoon
Replied by blackmoon on topic FrSky telemetry in Sailplanes
This is bad, at least for me, the 6S form factor is ideal as I am venturing into DLG gliders. I'll have to live without the altimeter data :( or switch to the "dark side" and embrace the Taranis, if it becomes an issue.

Sometimes I hate not being able to understand and modify code...

Thank you Mike for taking the time to reply, and hope your recovery is going well.

More
05 Feb 2016 08:31 #42616 by mwm
Well, I'd be more than happy to work with you to get the vario telemetry working. You'd have to install the CC2500 and some test builds and report on things. Having worked on this before, I don't anticipate any major problems, but even I fail completely you should be able to use the vario with a taranis

More
05 Feb 2016 08:38 #42617 by blackmoon
It's very nice of you Mike, I'm doing right now the order for a DR4 and the vario on HK site, hope they send it before Chinese new year.

Is it better if we continue this on the Frsky protocol thread ?

More
05 Feb 2016 08:59 #42620 by mwm
Let's stay here as it's going to be very specific to the vario. Bump this thread when they show up, and I'll get you a build with my current vario code. I want to wait until you get it to start with the code that's current then, among other things that may change in the interim. I don't expect that to take long as I have the code, I just want to only have the vario code in that test build.

More
05 Feb 2016 09:19 #42621 by blackmoon
Ok then, I'll do that when things are here.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds