Sigh... Simply switch to easy GUI?

More
04 Feb 2016 15:28 #42572 by theaddler
Sigh... Simply switch to easy GUI? was created by theaddler
I know this sounds ridiculous.... But I was wondering how I switch to easy GUI? I've always been in advanced, I see it says 'advanced' in model setup page. But every now and then, I have a problem setup some type of mixer I think should be easy. I see lots of posts explaining the mathematics behind what a mixer is doing, such as z= y +x The thing is, I understand what I want, just not always what to do at what screen to get there.... Thought I'd take a look at easy GUi for things like simply making a wing have elevons. I just can't get there :) any help would be great, thanks!

Addler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2016 15:37 #42573 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Sigh... Simply switch to easy GUI?
There on the model setup page, where you see "Advanced", you can change it to "Standard".
However all the settings will be lost in that change, and the standard GUI is only for helicopters, so there is no elevon mix in that...

More
04 Feb 2016 20:59 #42588 by theaddler
Replied by theaddler on topic Sigh... Simply switch to easy GUI?
Lol, that explains that part... I couldn't switch to standard because my model was set as a plane, so there was no standard in the list :) Well one problem solved. Thanks for the reply

More
05 Feb 2016 00:04 #42604 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Sigh... Simply switch to easy GUI?
So what's involved in setting up other simple GUIs, ie. for planes? There are a few of us now using mostly planes that know our way around deviation (mostly), but again the issue is that we use the advanced gui so never really contemplate what needs to happen to implement a simple gui for such things...

More
05 Feb 2016 08:06 #42613 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Sigh... Simply switch to easy GUI?
It's a SMOP (Simple Matter Of Programming). Your need to modify the standard GUI to notice what the model type is, and disable parts that are inappropriate for things that aren't helicopters, then add the things that you need for fixed wing, possibly disabled for helicopters if it isn't appropriate for them. They may not need to be disabled, because the helicopter mode could use updating as well.

I think such an effort should also include support for the multi model type, as I suspect everything in that would be shared with either the helicopter or airplane modes. But don't let not wanting to do that stop you from doing an airplane mode! If I'm right, then having a working airplane mode would make adding a multirotor mode easy. And having an airplane mode would be good in any case.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds