Model1 config DEVO10 Flightmode switch

More
06 Feb 2016 16:36 - 06 Feb 2016 16:45 #42677 by grouver
Alright so i managed to get deviation firmware working on my Devo10. Hoorah. :)
Now i need to get the flight mode switch to use its 3 positions for my miniquad running Librepilot i.c.w. CC3D selecting 3 different flightmodes.
I modified model1.ini and added the fifth channel to be like this:
[channel5]
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=FMODE0
dest=Ch5
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=FMODE0
dest=Ch5
switch=FMODE1
scalar=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=FMODE0
dest=Ch5
switch=FMODE2
scalar=-100
Source: www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...0-cc3d-setup-problem

But now if i check in Librepilot it still only switches from ST2 to ST3.
I could not find any real documentation on this website regarding the model.ini logic.
Like what is the scalar value suppose to mean? And what should the value of the scalar parameter be in this case?
I read in some threads people using values like 5, -79 and 0. I mean does each flightmode has its own scalar value or something?
I am a bit confused here.

Can anyone help me out to fix this piece of code to get the flightmode switch to work with 3 positions.
Thanks!
Last edit: 06 Feb 2016 16:45 by grouver.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2016 21:51 #42689 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Model1 config DEVO10 Flightmode switch
You've probably got deviation producing three values, so now you just have to get cc3d to respond to the values you're sending! Have you gone into the tx calibration for the CC3D to see what it sees on channel 5? Are you seeing something like 1000 when on FMOD0, 1500 on FMOD1, and 2000 on FMOD2?

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
07 Feb 2016 00:50 #42699 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Model1 config DEVO10 Flightmode switch
Since it's in my cut buffer: deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/3948-tutori...-a-model-config-file is a tutorial on what's in the model.ini files, focusing on creating them. It even covers setting up a three-way flight mode switch in detail.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
08 Feb 2016 08:47 #42760 by grouver
Replied by grouver on topic Model1 config DEVO10 Flightmode switch
Alright thank you for the response. I will try and edit the model1.ini to fix the problem.

Deal57 wrote: You've probably got deviation producing three values, so now you just have to get cc3d to respond to the values you're sending! Have you gone into the tx calibration for the CC3D to see what it sees on channel 5? Are you seeing something like 1000 when on FMOD0, 1500 on FMOD1, and 2000 on FMOD2?

What do you mean? I cannot find where i can see the input values? Now it says 1501 Min and 1502 Max in the Input tab after i follow the Librepilot Transmitter Wizard. But i do not see the value it receives.
Is there a tool available somewhere where i can check what it sends? Cause I also experience the problem where the flightmode switch twitches in position 2. By twitches i mean it rapidly switches the flightmode into position 3 and back to 2. Is my DEVO10 faulty maybe or did i do something wrong? I dont get any support from Walkera unfortunately. :( So i hope you guys can help me out with this nasty problem.
For now i only have 1 flightmode selected so it cant change but its not the ideal way to fix this. Thanks for any help

More
08 Feb 2016 18:09 #42789 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Model1 config DEVO10 Flightmode switch
In the deviation TX menu, you can look at the channel monitor to see what Deviation thinks it is sending out on each channel. If your channel 5 is going from -100 to 0 to 100, then it's set up correctly as a 3-way switch. This functionality usually shows up in your receiver as a value of 1000, 1500 and 2000 for a typical PWM receiver. You can adjust the values in the mixer as shown in MWM's tutorial.

Oh, and in the Model setup, do you have your number of channels set to at least 5? And please tell us the receiver model you're using and if you're using CPPM or SBUS to your controller.

In the Librepilot wizard, if you're only seeing 1500, then there is a problem with the way channel 5 is being received. |I don't know the Librepilot systems, but this may indicate that the FC isn't seeing any activity on channel 5. First check your cabling. It might be just a calibration issue, but it's also possible there is some conflict or maybe a channel is swapped. The twitching you mention is probably a byproduct of the FC not getting good channel 5 values.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
10 Feb 2016 22:00 - 10 Feb 2016 22:03 #42966 by grouver
Replied by grouver on topic Model1 config DEVO10 Flightmode switch

Deal57 wrote: In the deviation TX menu, you can look at the channel monitor to see what Deviation thinks it is sending out on each channel. If your channel 5 is going from -100 to 0 to 100, then it's set up correctly as a 3-way switch. This functionality usually shows up in your receiver as a value of 1000, 1500 and 2000 for a typical PWM receiver. You can adjust the values in the mixer as shown in MWM's tutorial.

Oh, and in the Model setup, do you have your number of channels set to at least 5? And please tell us the receiver model you're using and if you're using CPPM or SBUS to your controller.

In the Librepilot wizard, if you're only seeing 1500, then there is a problem with the way channel 5 is being received. |I don't know the Librepilot systems, but this may indicate that the FC isn't seeing any activity on channel 5. First check your cabling. It might be just a calibration issue, but it's also possible there is some conflict or maybe a channel is swapped. The twitching you mention is probably a byproduct of the FC not getting good channel 5 values.

Thank you for your clear reply.
I see that my DEVO10 sends 100/0/100 on channel 5.
I have followed the tutorial of MWM now and I figured it out, its working now, its outputting 0,100 and -100 correctly now and the twitching stopped cause like you said it was just receiving wrong data.
It was receiving: 1503, 1503, 1502. And now 1000, 1500, 2000.

Thanks guys!
[channel5]
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=FMODE0
dest=Ch5
curvetype=fixed
scalar=-100
[mixer]
src=FMODE0
dest=Ch5
switch=FMODE1
scalar=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=FMODE0
dest=Ch5
switch=FMODE0
curvetype=fixed
Last edit: 10 Feb 2016 22:03 by grouver.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds