180 cfx - servos are slow to self center ?

More
08 Feb 2016 13:05 - 08 Feb 2016 23:23 #42766 by jamichx
I do not know if this is just normal or not but it does bother me. I have everything setup ok on my devo 7e at least I think its ok except this servos slow centering problem.

See on the video. The cyclic respond is good but once I let go of the stick the servos go to zero very slowly. On the tail it will not go to center unless I go very close to the center position then it will center it self. But if I go to one end or the other and let go of the stick it will not center.

Problem I have is if I am for example in inverted and let go of stick this should level fast but it does not as it is very slow so I need to adjust with cyclic. I do not like this. Is there anything I can do ? I have tried many settings on my TX but cant figure this one out.

Last edit: 08 Feb 2016 23:23 by jamichx.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Feb 2016 13:39 - 08 Feb 2016 13:40 #42769 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Servos are slow to self center ?
That looks more like a servo problem than a transmitter problem to me... For testing (to eleminate the fbl unit) what happens if you hook the servos up direct to the radio? What does the output monitor show when this is happening?

What happens if you use your finger to center the stick instead of letting it go? When you let it go like that it doesn't actually center, it over shoots one way then bounces back the other (you can see and hear this happening)... there is no debounce mechanism.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 08 Feb 2016 13:40 by Cereal_Killer.

More
08 Feb 2016 17:20 - 08 Feb 2016 17:22 #42784 by jamichx
Replied by jamichx on topic Servos are slow to self center ?

Cereal_Killer wrote: That looks more like a servo problem than a transmitter problem to me... For testing (to eleminate the fbl unit) what happens if you hook the servos up direct to the radio? What does the output monitor show when this is happening?.

I do not think that all servos are bad I had 33 flights on this heli. All is like new. No idea how to hook servos directly to the radio.

Cereal_Killer wrote: What happens if you use your finger to center the stick instead of letting it go? When you let it go like that it doesn't actually center, it over shoots one way then bounces back the other (you can see and hear this happening)... there is no debounce mechanism.

If I use finger to center it my self it goes where I tell to go and respond is good. The only issue I had was when I let go of it the servo goes back to zero very slow. Maybe it is the way it should be. These are the cyclic servos. Then I pointed to the tail servo also. It will not center automatically but again if I use finger it works fine. As I said maybe its supposed to work that way but its very annoying. Id like the cyclic servos to go back faster but have not idea if and how that can be done?
Last edit: 08 Feb 2016 17:22 by jamichx.

More
08 Feb 2016 20:59 #42805 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Servos are slow to self center ?
Looks to me like your FBL controller doing it's job. As Cereal_Killer said, check the output monitor but I'm 98% certain you'll find this is coming from the copter side, and it's doing what it's supposed to. See if your FBL controller has PID settings, or just plain gain settings, and adjust there.

More
09 Feb 2016 07:50 - 09 Feb 2016 07:53 #42829 by jamichx
ok I will try to play with PID settings even there are 7 of them to adjust :ohmy: this is going to be fun :)

If you have experience with PID adjustment would you know where to start ? I have only tried to play with tail gain once but never touched the other six of them.

These are the PID's I have :

1. Cyclic P Gain Adjustment (Default 100%)
2. Cyclic I Gain Adjustment (Default 100%)
3. Cyclic D Gain Adjustment (Default 100%)
4. Cyclic Response (Default 100%)
5. Tailrotor P Gain Adjustment (Default 100%)
6. Tailrotor I Gain Adjustment (Default 100%)
7. Tailrotor D Gain Adjustment (Default 100%)
Last edit: 09 Feb 2016 07:53 by jamichx.

More
09 Feb 2016 15:02 #42842 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Servos are slow to self center ?
I'd startlaying with the cyclic response, first and get an idea what that does.

I consider myself very good at tuning PID gains on a multi or plane but I've never even flew a heli before (tho PID tuning is PID tuning). Just get an idea what each setting does. Can you set it higher than 100% (just to see what a higher value does? Sometimes I like to crank something up to see what happens).

Maybe start with cyclic response then set that back to stock and see what the cyclic P effects look like.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
09 Feb 2016 16:24 #42847 by jamichx

Cereal_Killer wrote: I'd startlaying with the cyclic response, first and get an idea what that does.

I consider myself very good at tuning PID gains on a multi or plane but I've never even flew a heli before (tho PID tuning is PID tuning). Just get an idea what each setting does. Can you set it higher than 100% (just to see what a higher value does? Sometimes I like to crank something up to see what happens).

Maybe start with cyclic response then set that back to stock and see what the cyclic P effects look like.

Yes I can go well over 100 up to 200 I think but that does not mean the change to cyclic will double. I will try playing with that see what it does. At the moment we have such strong winds here I cant do anything out now :(

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds