Oh MAN, what a difference!!!

More
25 Feb 2016 14:54 #43615 by grnd flyr
Oh MAN, what a difference!!! was created by grnd flyr
Got a Syma X5C for my wife last year that unfortunately has just sat around collecting dust since we first tried flying it a few times. Range was horrible, like maybe 25-30', lost it one time for a couple days to a tree since it went out of range @ like 40'... just left a sour taste in our mouths about it, figured we just got a lemon & best to just move on. Forget about ever getting another X5C even though I read glowing accolades... pfft.

And then this morning just now... charged a couple batteries on a whim to try it on the Nrf'd 7E. WOW!!! Completely different quad, gonna have to do a proper range check on it tonite but easily took it 150' down the street & it flew beautifully. Ya, I'm jazzed... better half will be as well tonite! WOOT! :woohoo: :cheer: B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2016 16:49 #43626 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Oh MAN, what a difference!!!
I keep telling people that a good transmitter will make a world of difference, but people seem to not believe me. The V323 with the RTF transmitter is a complete dog. With a Devo, it's my favorite brushed multticopter.

FWIW, sounds like your X5C had a bum transmitter. You should get better range than that on them.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
26 Feb 2016 14:25 #43672 by grnd flyr
Replied by grnd flyr on topic Oh MAN, what a difference!!!
Think you're right about the bum transmitter... didn't know at the time, but the 7E is a better "fix" anyways. :) I'll have to look for the V323 then, thanks, fun stuff.

More
03 Mar 2016 09:41 #44020 by Richard96816
Replied by Richard96816 on topic Oh MAN, what a difference!!!
The toy makers are building quite a few wonderful quads.

Sadly, they're making mostly crappy transmitters to go with them.

More
04 Mar 2016 01:26 #44053 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Oh MAN, what a difference!!!
I would say "wonderful for the price". Last time I checked, the Blade NanoQX and 200QX were still the best flying quads in their class, in spite of their age. They just cost 3-4 times what the not-quite-as-good toy quads cost, even in BNF form.

The age issue is why the don't have features introduced by the toy quads, like lots of blinky lights and pre-programmed stunts. That's why I said "best flying" as opposed to simply "best".

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
05 Mar 2016 01:31 #44125 by grnd flyr
It's funny... small world and all...

Earlier this week I ordered a new small frame because I really like the idea of not having to go out to a large field to fly. Wanted something that'll get up and go when I want but docile enough for the yard... landed on the Owl:

Owl - Universal Indoor and Outdoor FPV Quadcopter
www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2613776

...just watched a testing vid of it on youtube & lo n behold... a Devo. :) I just asked him if he's done any mods on it, we'll see.

If I didn't already have an X4R for the Taranis, I'd get something (Lemon, Orange, ?) to fly with my 7E. Really looking forward to this build, mailman can't get here soon enough...

More
05 Mar 2016 12:06 #44140 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Oh MAN, what a difference!!!
Even a cheap 13usd Eachine H8, really is so much fun to fly with deviation, it is twice as fast as stock, as it can have more pitch, very very controllable and agile really much fun to fly!!

buy some extra props and motors and you'll have lots of fun at the office!

More
05 Mar 2016 22:52 #44166 by grnd flyr

Fernandez wrote: Even a cheap 13usd Eachine H8, really is so much fun to fly with deviation, it is twice as fast as stock, as it can have more pitch, very very controllable and agile really much fun to fly!!

buy some extra props and motors and you'll have lots of fun at the office!

I'll have to order the extra props & motors later, just ordered a couple JJRC H8s from Amazon, thanks for the heads up on them. Watched a youtube vid of one of those... crazzzzzeeeee yaw rates huh?...

More
06 Mar 2016 00:59 - 06 Mar 2016 01:05 #44167 by RedSleds
Replied by RedSleds on topic Oh MAN, what a difference!!!

grnd flyr wrote: ..... Earlier this week I ordered a new small frame because I really like the idea of not having to go out to a large field to fly. Wanted something that'll get up and go when I want but docile enough for the yard... landed on the Owl:

Owl - Universal Indoor and Outdoor FPV Quadcopter
www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2613776

...just watched a testing vid of it on youtube & lo n behold... a Devo. :) I just asked him if he's done any mods on it, we'll see. ..........

It seems to me that it is grossly under powered for its weight, ....belly bumping the ground on every flip. (pilot inexperience on throttle control?).
Perhaps a smaller or higher C rated LiPo, and switch to higher pitch two-blade props would help rectify that somewhat?

DEVO 10 - Multi-module with nRF24L01 +PA +LNA, A7105 +PA, & CC2500 +PA +LNA transceivers.
Nightly Build: v4.0.1-548bbf5 (6/9/2015)
Last edit: 06 Mar 2016 01:05 by RedSleds.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds