How to upgrade fr Deviation rel 1 to rel 4?

More
26 Feb 2016 17:15 - 26 Feb 2016 17:15 #43692 by nese
Hi everyone,

A friend of mine helped me install deviation release 1 on my Devo8 tx a couple of years back and I see that it's now up to release version 4.0.1. Yes, I know, where have I been?

I'd read the manual and followed the instructions to download the files, extract and transfer them to the root folder but I think that's not all there was to it. (is it?) In fact the text became way smaller and for the fact that my eyesight isn't the best I thought there'd be options of sorts to change contrast, etc. for the screen but there were no available options in the user interface.

So I check the settings and see that the Deviation FW version still reads: devo8-v1.1.2. How do I upgrade to the latest release on my devo8?
Last edit: 26 Feb 2016 17:15 by nese.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2016 17:35 #43694 by nese
Ok, I figured it out in the last few minutes by using the Walkera dfuse tool and treating it as a fresh install. :)

More
27 Feb 2016 01:09 #43735 by mwm

nese wrote: Ok, I figured it out in the last few minutes by using the Walkera dfuse tool and treating it as a fresh install. :)

That's pretty much what the manual in the menu says to do. The only difference is you should back up your model files, tx.ini and hardware.ini if you have them, then restore them after the install.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
27 Feb 2016 02:38 #43741 by nese
Thanks. I'll remember to back up those files next time.

For now I've got some understanding of how this works and will have to navigate around more to see how to change wallpapers, etc. as the screen is not the best in the sunlight.

Really glad as I'm going to use my old wk receivers again... And slowly get into adding modules to fly my old esky helis :)

More
27 Feb 2016 09:41 #43758 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic How to upgrade fr Deviation rel 1 to rel 4?
If you would jump onto the nightly-build wagon you could fly all newer mini/micro/nano/pico quads :-) Lot's of new protocols...

There have been already some Spektrum DSM telemetry changes in the nightly-build and CYRF reset init patch.
No, there is no release candidate version of the nightly-build trunk yet.

Depends on what you fly...you should test nightly-builds with something crash-proof first.

Thomas

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds