Replacement switch for Devo 7 transmitter

More
13 Mar 2016 19:12 #44514 by fillekillen
Replacement switch for Devo 7 transmitter was created by fillekillen
Hi

I've accidentally dropped my Devo 7 transmitter for the Walkera Runner.
It landed on the throttle hold switch, so it broke.

I opened up the transmitter and found the broken switch, and now I need a replacement.
The throttle hold switch is black and seem to have a on-off-(on) setup.
But I can't find such a replacement. Can somebeody please help me?

I tried to solder on a standard on-off-on switch from my local hardware store but got a error message when trying to turn on the tx. So I'm guessing I need a proper original replacement.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2016 06:16 #44541 by jamichx
Replied by jamichx on topic Replacement switch for Devo 7 transmitter
you need one of these www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10pcs-MTS-102-3-Pin-S...9:g:ve0AAOSwNgxWEPYy

I used it my self on devo 7e and it works well. I still have 5 of them left if you in Europe I could send you some. If you interested here is my email

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
14 Mar 2016 06:34 #44542 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Replacement switch for Devo 7 transmitter
Can you describe how it physically functioned before? I'm not familiar with the 7 (assuming 7, not 7E?), seems that there's a trainer function associated with the hold switch, is it perhaps momentary one way and latching the other? If so, search ebay for "on-off-on toggle" and look for ones that have the listing as on-off-(on), with brackets around one of the "on"'s.
That said, if it's that style I don't see any reason why an on-off-on wouldn't have worked as a test, unless there's something more going on in the 7?

More
14 Mar 2016 07:09 #44544 by jamichx
I think its two way switch he needs so it should be on-on switch

More
14 Mar 2016 07:18 #44545 by fillekillen
Replied by fillekillen on topic Replacement switch for Devo 7 transmitter
Thanks for the replies!

Jamichx, I would love it if you could send me one. I'll contact you on the email adress provided.
When I opened up the original switch it seemed to have three possible positions, on-off-on, but I could be wrong.

Rogue_Streak, the original switch as i remember it was like you described, latching one way and momentary the other way. But I could be mistaken
However I can't seem to find such a replacement, even from ebay. I have provided a picture from the original switch (red marking) and it was positioned in the blue square.

Attachments:

More
14 Mar 2016 08:37 #44548 by RoGuE_StreaK
Before ordering anything, can you try booting up with bare wires and testing by crossing black to blue, then black to red? If it's the setup I'm thinking it is, then booting with nothing crossed should get you up without an error, and one cross should be hold, the other training.
If so, then maybe try some of these:
on-off-(on) toggle
Unfortunately only round toggles rather than the blade style. That said, it looks like you've sheared off the assembly at the body, so the blade itself may be transferable to the new switch (not for the faint-hearted, but doable, I've had a few of these apart and back together).

Maybe your local hardware store switch is actually the alternate switch type where the centre position is actually both on? This is the setup used in guitars for example (neck / neck+bridge / bridge)

More
14 Mar 2016 08:58 #44550 by fillekillen
Replied by fillekillen on topic Replacement switch for Devo 7 transmitter
Wow, thank you. I cant believe you found one!

I will do as you recommended and try to start it up without a switch connected and then manually connect the wires.
However I have cross measured the new switch using a multimeter and confirmed that it is in fact a on-off-on switch. So that's what somewhat worrisome.
But I'll try to desolder the switch and see what happens. I'll keep you posted!

More
14 Mar 2016 09:03 #44551 by jamichx
would not think it was 3 way switch for thold. On 7e its on on switch.

More
14 Mar 2016 09:14 - 14 Mar 2016 09:16 #44552 by RoGuE_StreaK
Sounds like on the 7 it combines a trainer function, guessing push back momentary. You wouldn't want an either/or for such dual functionality, you'd want on-off for both, with the resting position "off" for both functions.

fillekillen, yeah not sure what the go would be if the switch you tried replacing it with is really an on-off-on; every switch I've found in my devo and in other TX's I have (2-way and 3-way, latching and momentary) are either on-off-on or on-on (two way, only one side connected so on-off)
Last edit: 14 Mar 2016 09:16 by RoGuE_StreaK.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds