Center Throttle Confusion

More
27 Mar 2016 03:44 #45253 by Crossrock
Center Throttle Confusion was created by Crossrock
I've center sprung the throttle on my 8s by releasing the spring and even after searching cant find the parameters to set to get it to work with my FC. Sticks down and to center arms my quad as usual. I would like it to idle at center and lift above center and hover again at center once at my desired altitude. I have it working ok on a DSMX .ini for my 350qx but it has an arming switch set up for it. I downloaded the .ini for the 350qx and it just worked (duh). I'm confused and out of my depth if someone has time to help I would really appreciate it. :silly:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2016 14:39 - 27 Mar 2016 14:40 #45267 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Center Throttle Confusion
What your asking isn't possible without an altitude hold type of assistance mode... throttle modulation alone doesn't have the ability to do that...
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what your asking but to clarify my point, without some sort of altitude hold mode the craft doesn't necessarily have to hover steady st 50% throttle and expecting it to will just result in headache and possibly a fly away.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 27 Mar 2016 14:40 by Cereal_Killer.

More
27 Mar 2016 17:26 #45276 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Center Throttle Confusion
While CK is right, there is some hope for the future. At some point, we will at least talk about putting telemetry in the sources list. This would make it possible to have a "hover" mode implemented on the deviation side of things - at least if you had an altitude sensor. But if you've got that, you can do what the 350Qx does (at least in some modes), and implement the hover in the flight controller. You didn't say what you were using that was a problem (as the 350Qx is working ok), but I'd be surprised if it didn't have hover assist if your hardware has some kind of altitude sensor.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
27 Mar 2016 22:18 - 27 Mar 2016 23:11 #45301 by Crossrock
Replied by Crossrock on topic Center Throttle Confusion
I have the quad setup with 3 modes ......GPS, Circle and ATTI as well as RTH. It hovers very well at 50% throttle. Is this what you guys mean?

Attached is my present .ini file
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Mar 2016 23:11 by Crossrock.

More
27 Mar 2016 22:21 #45302 by Crossrock
the 3 modes are setup on FMODE, GEAR is RTH and a simple on off timer on ELEV D/R

More
28 Mar 2016 00:14 #45310 by Crossrock

mwm wrote: While CK is right, there is some hope for the future. At some point, we will at least talk about putting telemetry in the sources list. This would make it possible to have a "hover" mode implemented on the deviation side of things - at least if you had an altitude sensor. But if you've got that, you can do what the 350Qx does (at least in some modes), and implement the hover in the flight controller. You didn't say what you were using that was a problem (as the 350Qx is working ok), but I'd be surprised if it didn't have hover assist if your hardware has some kind of altitude sensor.

Well bugger me its working in GPS and Circle mode anyway. My only problem now seems to be arming. After I arm (both sticks down and center) the throttle springs to center "0" and waits for input to rise. I can take it to an altitude and it holds altitude at center throttle. Is there a way to setup an arm/disarm switch at "0". From the reading I have done under SAFETY in the .ini would need changing also to avoid warning that throttle is not at -100?

Once I get this all working I can attach the telemetry modules for use with the ground station to execute follow-me, loiter and waypoints. So close but still so far.

More
28 Mar 2016 15:17 #45340 by mwm
Ah, I think I've got it. I think CK and I were a bit confused.

IIUC what you're asking correctly, you now want a switch that sets the throttle to 0. Two ways to do that. One is vai the channel button (left of the button you open to get to the mixer in the advanced GUI). Set the safety switch in that to the switch you want to use, and the value to zero.

The other is to add a final mixer to the throttle mix, set the curve to fixed, scale to 0, and switch to the switch you want to use.

More
28 Mar 2016 22:21 - 28 Mar 2016 22:25 #45359 by Crossrock

mwm wrote: Ah, I think I've got it. I think CK and I were a bit confused.

IIUC what you're asking correctly, you now want a switch that sets the throttle to 0. Two ways to do that. One is vai the channel button (left of the button you open to get to the mixer in the advanced GUI). Set the safety switch in that to the switch you want to use, and the value to zero.

The other is to add a final mixer to the throttle mix, set the curve to fixed, scale to 0, and switch to the switch you want to use.

Sorry abt that. Sometimes trying to ask the right question can be hard :) I will try and work out what u said. Wouldnt I also have to change the safety setting in the .ini to 0 instead of AUTO=min (which would be -100 I presume) to avoid the safety warning?
Last edit: 28 Mar 2016 22:25 by Crossrock.

More
29 Mar 2016 16:10 #45384 by mwm
The safety setting in the .ini in the "[safety]" section has nothing to do with the per-channel safety settings. The latter is for some form of panic/safety/hold switch. The former is checked at model connect time so you can make sure channels have "safe" values to avoid dangerous behavior at that time.

More
09 Apr 2016 08:44 #46159 by Crossrock

mwm wrote: The safety setting in the .ini in the "[safety]" section has nothing to do with the per-channel safety settings. The latter is for some form of panic/safety/hold switch. The former is checked at model connect time so you can make sure channels have "safe" values to avoid dangerous behavior at that time.

Thanks for the explanation MWM. :cheer: It is appreciated :cheer:

More
09 Apr 2016 09:26 #46162 by Crossrock

mwm wrote: Ah, I think I've got it. I think CK and I were a bit confused.

I think I basically set up a kill switch so from center spring I can throttle down and flick the switch to cut the motors. I think I did it right following your instructions. (PTSD has scrambled my brain a lot when it comes to written instructions) :woohoo:
Throttle mix page 2 ...fixed curve... scale -125 on RudD/R1

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds