model configs help plz

More
30 Mar 2016 14:12 #45435 by cupramat
model configs help plz was created by cupramat
hi everyone iam new to deviation and i have jusy put it on my devo7e but now cant work out how to put the model configs on to my transmitter.
i found the config i wanted which was for the walkera runner 250 but how do i put it on to the transmitter?
thanx in advance
mat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2016 14:32 #45436 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic model configs help plz
USB mode

press "ENT" button on power on.

directly copy it to the models directory

More
30 Mar 2016 14:43 #45437 by cupramat
Replied by cupramat on topic model configs help plz
i tried that and it didnt work i must be doing somethin wrong

More
30 Mar 2016 15:19 #45440 by TheSFReader
Replied by TheSFReader on topic model configs help plz
- you need to make sure youy new model file is numbered (modelX.ini where X is the "place" you want your model to have in the list) (make sure the model file you replace is either of no use to you, or saved alewhere)
- are you sure you used a "correct" text editor (for example notepad++) to update the file ? You need to make sure the line terminations are correct
- Does your transmitter show the "USB" logo when started with the ENT file piushed ?
- once connected, does the Transmitter appear as an USB removable media on your computer ?
- once copied, is the modelX.ini file the one you saved ?
- do you eject/unmount/remove the media correctly before unplugging or powering down the TX ?

More
30 Mar 2016 16:00 #45443 by cupramat
Replied by cupramat on topic model configs help plz
tried all that mate and it still isnt there when i turn the transmitter on.
is it just a drag n drop or copy and paste i have to do?

More
30 Mar 2016 16:38 - 30 Mar 2016 16:44 #45448 by -=Hubi-Dirk=-
Replied by -=Hubi-Dirk=- on topic model configs help plz
Install Deviation to your 7e again. Take a look at the video the sequence beginning at the 4. minute
www.deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/1094-ho...o-deviation-firmware
Last edit: 30 Mar 2016 16:44 by -=Hubi-Dirk=-.

More
01 Apr 2016 14:20 #45567 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic model configs help plz

Jj30 wrote: Hey all you brilliant minds , so I'm a beginner so bare with me
I'm confused about how get the model configurations into the Tx
Let me try explain. So when i dowloaded the nightly builds first time I set up devo 7e
Isn't all the model stuff already in my transmitter , like I always see people posting
A model.ini with all the info and channel stuff , whats the difference with that or wHat I downloaded from nightly builds and when I want to make a Channel do flips or change rates and stuff can you do that from pc when ur devo is plugged into USB or do you do it right from the devo itself - if both. WhAt is easier for beginner I know this probally doesn't make sense Its hard to explain what it is I'm thinking , I hope someone has a clue as to what I'm trying to ask , Any help be appreciated , I have read the manual few times and been trying to read Everything I can for help - this devo 7e is all new to me - my first time with a real TX I always used the stock tx.s that Come with the quads/heli
Thanks in advance

The model.ini files from the model directory (within the firmware zip file) are kinda empty (no settings for any model).
No mixers are setup.

Of course you can load a predefined model with the template wizzard.
Then the template.ini files from the template directory are used.
You can even copy templates (e.g AIL diff, V-tail, etc.) for V4.0.x from the forum to your transmitter USB template directory.

Yes, you use your Devo7E transmitter to edit mixers, switches and move channels. Just like you do it on Spektrum DX6-9.
You even have to select the protocol and bind your model.

No, there is not (yet) a PC application like the tool "Companion" with some nice GUI wizzards from FrSky Taranis OpenTX firmware.

Probably you "could" use the emulator (second zip file besides the firmware) too. But never tried it. The Devo10 did not satisfy me.
I even searched on forum for the correct keypresses...There seems to be not that simple help manual for the keypresses within the emu??

Yes, you can also use predefined model.ini files (not templates), but real model.ini files from other pilots.
If they have been uploaded to the forum you can just download the model.ini file and upload to your transmitter in USB mode.
Like if you want the plane/quad/heli model settings (from download) at model #7 (in your TX) you got to overwrite your empty model7.ini file within in your model USB directory.

I believe there might be some beginner tutorials or maybe even DeviationTX videos.
I just read thru manual.

I would advice you to to just overread some Spektrum DX8 or DX9 Airware transmitter manuals.
Well they describe some just basic Airware menu stuff...but at least that gives you a start.
And transplanting that menu setting stuff (your background knowledge) to free programmable mixers into DeviationTX firmware might better help you understand what DeviationTX does.

I am not sure if you will understand everything which is in the DeviationTX manual if this is your very first transmitter ever.

Just feel free to ask questions if you stumble upon details you do not know yet...

Thomas

More
01 Apr 2016 19:51 #45594 by Jj30
Replied by Jj30 on topic model configs help plz
Thank you very much, I'm def starting to understand , and the more I re-read the manual and forums then something new clicks and makes sense
I'm very grateful for all the help -

More
01 Apr 2016 21:03 #45598 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic model configs help plz
[quote="Thomas.Heiss" post=45567Probably you "could" use the emulator (second zip file besides the firmware) too. But never tried it. The Devo10 did not satisfy me.
I even searched on forum for the correct keypresses...There seems to be not that simple help manual for the keypresses within the emu??[/quote]

Did you check the manual? Last chapter - "emulator" has a table listing controls, what keystrokes emulate them and which transmitters they apply to. Not really much of an improvement over using the transmitter directly, since you still have to use the left/right/up/down/exit/enter on the 7e/10/F7/F12E, with the 6/8/12 adding the mouse in lieu of a touch screen.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds