DEVO 10 Aerial

More
01 Apr 2016 12:51 #45562 by Lennieonsax
DEVO 10 Aerial was created by Lennieonsax
Hi, just thought I'd share this - I wired in the aerials for the A7105 and NRF24L01 modules in a different way to having triple prongs coming out of the top. If you remove the the 2 screws that hold the Devo aerial socket and then the 4 screws inside that hold the small circuit board you can simply thread up and attach the module aerial wire to it. I only have 1 external aerial and every thing works through it brilliantly. Hope you find it useful. Is anyone else doing this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2016 02:13 #45753 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic DEVO 10 Aerial
I'm no RF expert but I think that's a bad idea, most likely you get reflections (and power radiating back into your other modules instead of antenna) and lose some power and range since you don't use an RF switch. If you are flying only micro stuff and very short range you might be ok though, possibly there's a risk of frying a module someday.

Can you do a range check at 100uw? You should be getting around 40-45 paces at 1m off the ground with stock module and DSM2/DSMX or Devo protocols.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
05 Apr 2016 20:55 #45862 by Lennieonsax
Replied by Lennieonsax on topic DEVO 10 Aerial
Hi, thanks for that. I'm only flying small stuff in a school gym at the moment but there's bigger stuff planned for the summer, it does seem to be working but haven't done the check you suggested yet. Maybe I will build in a switch to toggle for each aerial, that way I still won't have 3 prongs to accommodate. :cheer:

More
05 Apr 2016 21:02 #45863 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic DEVO 10 Aerial
*sigh*

Just use different antennas, small pigtail style 2db are just fine, you don't need rubber duckies hanging out of the case.

Don't just mess with RF stuff if you don't know what you're doing you'll end up crashing your models, hitting someone's eye or destroying some property and then you'll blame Deviation when it was your fault. Please don't do this.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
05 Apr 2016 22:17 #45875 by Artus
Replied by Artus on topic DEVO 10 Aerial
i had a similar question and they all answered me it is better to use different antennas for each tx modul - i think all modules are sending at the same time there is no power of for the A7105 und NRF when you are using DEVO protocol

DEVO10 4in1 V5.0 DEVO F12E 4in1 V5
Align TREX 100 (3) Hubsan Q4
Walkera QRW100S Walkera QRX 350 Pro (FPV)
Walkera QRX 350 PREMIUM
DIY 100 mm Micro QUAD - HGLRCF4F5PRO with INAV

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds