Devo 7e + CC3D can't get it right

More
03 Apr 2016 08:02 #45689 by Koekebeest
Devo 7e + CC3D can't get it right was created by Koekebeest
Hello,

I recently bought an Eachine Falcon 250 ARF. Now, I use an orange R620x V2 with it and it's connected to a CC3D board. I flashed it with cleanflight and all seems fine until I get at the receiver part. When I move the sticks they don't line up with the inputs. For example when I move the rudder it shows I'm moving the pitch...or when I move elevator it doesn't show anything...so weird.

Does anybody have an idea how I can solve this problem? Oh yeah, it's a Devo 7e with the deviation firmware. (flashed)

This is my first racer and I wan't to fly. Please please help me out!

Kind regards,

Koekebeest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2016 09:38 #45697 by Nitro_123
Replied by Nitro_123 on topic Devo 7e + CC3D can't get it right
Hi !
If you are running 6-7 different wires to the cc3d from you orange then you're probably using pwm mode (I think). You need to check the inputs on the cc3d and the outputs on the orangeRX and 'align' them the right way i.e. take them all out and change them around until you have throttle > throttle and things like that.
Another way of doing it is configuring your model.ini i believe but that's more tedious IMO.
Regards,
Nitro

More
03 Apr 2016 09:57 #45699 by Koekebeest
Replied by Koekebeest on topic Devo 7e + CC3D can't get it right
Thanks for you help. I will try this out first...I'll let you know if it works

More
03 Apr 2016 11:41 #45703 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Devo 7e + CC3D can't get it right
DSMX Protocol uses channels 1, 2, 3 and 4 as throttle, aileron, elevator and rudder. Other protocols often use AETR. Your model.ini needs to reflect the correct RX order and it will if you selected DSMX first. Sometimes if you selected a different protocol then change to DSMX the channel order doesn't change. In any case you need to have the channel order in your TX match the channel order in the RX exactly.

The link or lines between the RX and FC are also important, as stated above. And they may be wired differently, but you have to get them right! So if you're seeing the pitch change when you move the rudder it seems to me you may have the channels plugged in the wrong order. I use APM and the FC wants the channels connected AETR, so I have to cross the plugs from the RX to the FC (e.g. 1 RX throttle to 3 FC throttle, 2 RX Aileron to 1 FC aileron, etc.). You can also use CPPM or SBUS, but again, be sure you coordinate the right FC control channel with the RX control channel.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
03 Apr 2016 12:03 - 03 Apr 2016 12:36 #45704 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic Devo 7e + CC3D can't get it right
Just place the wires in order and select in the flight controller gui ..!!!!! ...the right channel assignment for your Spektrum protocol.
AETR to TEAR...TAER

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 03 Apr 2016 12:36 by aMax. Reason: typo

More
03 Apr 2016 13:08 #45708 by Koekebeest
Thanks for all your help. It was very usefull :) I've managed to get the right channels by rewiring the thing untill it worked fine with CF. Next problem occurs now........can't get it to arm!! So close yet so far away (boohoo). :P Got some thoughts about that? I haven't assigned an aux channel to the "arm" section. Just want to fly and not bother with arming and stuff.

Hope someone can help me out again :)

More
03 Apr 2016 13:50 #45710 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic Devo 7e + CC3D can't get it right
Stick arming?
No decent setup, maybe no failsafe too...?
After a flyaway you will learn it, I bet.

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02

More
03 Apr 2016 14:07 #45714 by Koekebeest
Ok. I just don't have a extra channel let on the devo7e for arming....failsafe is the next step. I just figured that it will be "right bottom" on the yaw....but it doesn't.......so just asking in all my noobnish. How can I get it to work?

More
03 Apr 2016 14:34 #45717 by Koekebeest
Just to clearivy. I got one AUX1 to work with (two switched). I used those for "angle" and "horizon". So I don't have a working switch left for the arming. Channel 5 is the only wich will work here...for some reason. How else can I arm this in CleanFlight? Finally got everything working but this...

Please some1 give me the all mighty answer to my problem.

Thanks in advance

More
03 Apr 2016 15:32 #45724 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Devo 7e + CC3D can't get it right
Have you calibrated your sticks on devo, then calibrated them to the Cleanflight controller? If I recall, the down-right arm sequence is what is used; no switch is necessary.

This thread may be helpful.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
03 Apr 2016 18:45 #45729 by Koekebeest
I have calibrated them on the transmitter (some1 else told me about stick-throws) but calibrate them to the CF controller? How...and down right is even possible after flashing the CC3D board firmware?

Let me take a look at your thread. Thanks for your help

More
04 Apr 2016 10:21 - 04 Apr 2016 10:26 #45773 by Koekebeest
Switched to openpilot btw.

Everytime when I finally got the right order on the cables for the yaw and such, it switches the yaw and rudder around. So annoying. I really don't have a clue why it keeps doing that. Even when I switch them back around and I save....they go swap eachother again on the radio inputs. I'm lost.

That's propably why it isn't arming also....sigh. Anyone had the same problem or has a solution?
Last edit: 04 Apr 2016 10:26 by Koekebeest.

More
04 Apr 2016 11:11 #45775 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Devo 7e + CC3D can't get it right
On Arming, it took me quite some time to find out that cleanflight/betaflight expect ranges 1000-2000, so you must set deviation channles to 125 scales. While In openpilot this is not needed, it can calibrate TX.

Further if using Frsky cppm please set switch channels ch 5-8 at 50%, to avoid any overflow issues on the ppm.

More
04 Apr 2016 12:21 - 04 Apr 2016 13:51 #45778 by Koekebeest
I've been busy for 2,5 days trying to figure this out, and your reply was the answer!
Can't thank you enough! I'm going to fly now!
Last edit: 04 Apr 2016 13:51 by Koekebeest.

More
04 Apr 2016 17:41 #45787 by Fernandez
Just put Betaflight 2.6 on my cc3d it flies really perfect and works fine with a Frsky d4r anf devo 7e, recommended!

More
06 Apr 2016 09:54 #45904 by bacete2000
Replied by bacete2000 on topic Devo 7e + CC3D can't get it right

Fernandez wrote: Just put Betaflight 2.6 on my cc3d it flies really perfect and works fine with a Frsky d4r anf devo 7e, recommended!

Hola Fernández, serias tan amable de pasarme el Confi. InI, ? Llevo días intentando configurar la devo 7e pero no soy capaz de asignar los stick auxiliares para los modos de vuelo, el problema grave que tengo es que es mi 1 emisora, nunca antes había usado una y la verdad es que voy muy perdido por el menú. , tengo trasmisor FRSKY D4R-II y he utilizado PPM.
GRACIAS

More
06 Apr 2016 10:31 #45906 by Fernandez
Attached model12.ini

It is for Devo7e used with added 2x3 switches.
Mode 2, Frsky d4r in ppm to flightcontrol were:
ch1-4 stick are set at 125%, 1000-2000ms to be compatible cleanflight/betaflight.
ch 5-8 switches are restricted to 50%
You can plug an 22k and 4k7 resistor devider to AD2 input pin and read the flight pack telemetry.
No mixers or expo.
Attachments:

More
06 Apr 2016 10:39 #45907 by bacete2000
Replied by bacete2000 on topic Devo 7e + CC3D can't get it right
Muchísimas gracias, lo prepare esta tarde tan pronto pueda, siguiendo tutorialess he puesto 2x3 stick + CC2500+NFR24l , todavía no he conseguido volar nada, tengo un h8 y un jxd 509g y acaba de montar un robocat270, espero con este conf. Ini estudiarlo e intentar reconocer cada parámetro. Ya te cuento. , muchísimas gracias

More
06 Apr 2016 11:43 #45912 by Fernandez
For Openpilot and Cleanflight Betaflight etc, all parameters and configuration set them properly in the Flight Controller and not in the Tx.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds