Different stick modes for helicopters and planes

More
04 Apr 2016 12:24 #45779 by kubus
Hello,

I’m not really familiar with neither model setups in general nor deviationtx in special.
After 20 years of absence I started to fly again and therefore I bought a used Devo 10, flashed it with deviationtx V4.0.1 and flew some helicopters in the local sports hall during winter.

Everything worked quite fine and now as the outdoor season begins, I want to fly planes again, too.
So my problem is that I use different stick modes on the radio for helicopters and planes. For helicopters I use Mode 2 and for planes I use Mode 4.
I have already read the tutorial for how to set up a model-file and it was quite helpful, but there are some questions left.

1. Are the Stick Modes in deviationtx set for the transmitter in general or can I program different stick modes for each model in my database?

2. What does “destination” mean in the mixer setup? Is it the channel on the receiver? For example: If I use the AILE channel on the transmitter and the corresponding servo is connected with the RUDD channel on the receiver…..will this thing work?

3. Is there any other possibility to control the Ailerons with the left stick of the transmitter, if it is set to Mode 2?

Sorry if my questions may appear kinda stupid, but I can’t figure it out by myself at the moment and I hope for some support!

Thanks guys!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2016 14:43 - 04 Apr 2016 14:46 #45780 by Falaserio
Replied by Falaserio on topic Different stick modes for helicopters and planes
Hi Kubus,
The way I see it you have to options, exchanging aileron and rudder either on the plane or in the model config. The mode selection is done at transmitter level, so you cant choose it per model.
So first option: you physically change the servos. So connect aileron servo to receiver rudder channel and rudder servo to receiver aileron channel. Easy enough.
Second option: you program rudder as the input for aileron and aileron as the input of rudder. This means that in the mixer you have to choose AIL as SRC (source) for RUD channel and vice versa.
You could make an airplane template that includes this channel swap so you don't have to program it for every model, just start with the template.
Hope this helps!
Last edit: 04 Apr 2016 14:46 by Falaserio.

More
04 Apr 2016 19:18 #45791 by kubus
Thanks Falaserio!

Things are clearer now. I like your suggestion with the template, even if it is easier to change the servo inputs on the receiver.

Thinking back 20 years, there wasn't even a possibility to program your transmitter and you were forced to change the plugs on the receiver if you wanted to fly another stick mode or to resolder the plugs if you wantet to invert the channels.

So it's a little comfort that not everything has changed in the last 2 decades.... ;)

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds