Heli FBL 12CH and head/tail PID real-time tuning

More
14 Apr 2016 12:15 #46487 by Thomas.Heiss
Hello,

Do you know any heli FBL systems which allow you to use up to [7]8-12 channels for real-time head/tail PID tuning?
I heard about that BD3sx allows real-time tuning.

Are there any other FBL vendors (Spirit System FBL, V-Bar Neo, Spartan Vortex, Neuron FBL, etc.) which support PID real-time tuning to multiple channel (controlled by switches/knob) mapping?
Especially as most flybarless systems support S-Bus, SRXL & Co (more than 6-7 channels) or a Spektrum satellite.

I know the possibility about bank switching, gyro tail gain + rescue on 7th channel.
I read that e.g Spirit System Pro supports now both (bank switching + tail gyro gain) at the same time with a full receiver.

I really wonder how can I use all those many DeviationTX / Devo channels? :-)

This was my thread for 9-12CH planes: www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...vos-gyros/edit/43356

Thank you for your attention.

Thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2016 02:11 #46539 by mwm
As you noted recently elsewhere, this may get more responses on a more general forum like rcgroups or a heli specific forum.

BTW, I agree with pretty much everything you said in that thread.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
15 Apr 2016 09:26 - 15 Apr 2016 09:27 #46550 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Heli FBL 12CH and head/tail PID real-time tuning
True Mike.
Actually I didn't want to take me the chance to meet a great heli pilot on the DeviatonTX forum who might be using the full 9-12CH potentional of the Devo transmitter :-)

Will link related threads laters.

I will be going for HeliFreak too.
There are 3 HF vendor support sub-forums (BD3sx, Spirit System, EZNov Neuron), one more open flybarless sub-forum (more ZYX, Robird, V-Stabi clones) and of course the heli main forum. I will try that first for better reach.
Probably try RC-Network.de too (guys there using Graupner MC20/32, Futaba T14SG, Jeti DC14, etc.). They seem to more fly jets / gliders :-)

But you know, on other forums probably there won't be THAT many heli people around which actually have a higher 9-12CH transmitter in mid price range ;)
Most heli flying pilots seem to only use / afford 6-7 maybe max 8 channel transmitters.

If you look at Spektrum DX6-DX8 its max 8CH. For DX9 max 9CH.
Maybe some Graupner MX20 (12CH) or MZ24 (12CH) or high-expensive Futaba owners have been on that FBL trip yet...

Thomas
Last edit: 15 Apr 2016 09:27 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
19 Apr 2016 05:10 - 19 Apr 2016 13:21 #46780 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Heli FBL 12CH and head/tail PID real-time tuning
3Digi/3DigiR has the option for live tuning (up to 8 parameters)

www.google.de/search?q=3digi+live+tuning&oq=3digi+live+tuning

3DigiR: www.3digi.de/en
Live tuning documentation incl. screenshot on page 33/54 (DE) or 31/52 (EN): www.3digi.de/de/documentation
3Digi Wiki: 3digi.wikidot.com/
3Digi Review by RCHeliNation: www.rchelination.com/3digi-review/
Last edit: 19 Apr 2016 13:21 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
19 Apr 2016 13:20 #46795 by Thomas.Heiss
According to 3DigiR manual screenshot on page 33/54 (DE) or 31/52 (EN): www.3digi.de/de/documentation

In live tuning for each of the 8 selectable tuning parameters a free channel can be very well selected on the right from the combo box.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds