DEVO 7e swap 2-way switch w/ 3-way possible?

More
18 Apr 2016 13:20 #46739 by HockeyZ39
I just need one more switch position so didn't want to add 2 more switches. Rather I was wondering if the default 2-position switch can be swapped with a 3-position one?

There are only two wires going into the switch so I imagine additional wiring would be needed, which is okay with me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2016 04:18 - 19 Apr 2016 04:24 #46778 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic DEVO 7e swap 2-way switch w/ 3-way possible?
Not qute what you are asking, but you can just install one more 3-way switch, you don't have to install two of them. You could then disconnect one of your 2-ways and physically replace it with the 3-way, but all of your model inis would have to change, and doesn't make much sense anyway; just drill out one of the spare positions, and move the 2-way over.

Adding a wire to the other side of the 2-way wouldn't achieve anything, as in its current state it gives either on (1) or off (0); if you wanted settings that were the opposite you just set it to "NOT" (!), which would essentially be what you'd get if you wired up the other side of a 2-way (with the chance of frying something)

I guess theoretically you could physically wire up a 3-way so that it took the wires from the 2-way (say HOLD0 and HOLD1) and added one more wire from the 3-way mod (say for example SWA2), but the naming of switch settings would get pretty messy; it'd be a 3-way with positions of HOLD0/HOLD1/SWA2, rather than a cohesive SWA0/SWA1/SWA2
Last edit: 19 Apr 2016 04:24 by RoGuE_StreaK.

More
19 Apr 2016 14:49 #46796 by HockeyZ39
Replied by HockeyZ39 on topic DEVO 7e swap 2-way switch w/ 3-way possible?
Don't know why I didn't just think to physically replace the 2-way with the 3-way addon wired normally. Pretty simple, heh.

Thank you.

More
20 Apr 2016 18:18 #46888 by silpstream
Replied by silpstream on topic DEVO 7e swap 2-way switch w/ 3-way possible?

RoGuE_StreaK wrote: I guess theoretically you could physically wire up a 3-way so that it took the wires from the 2-way (say HOLD0 and HOLD1) and added one more wire from the 3-way mod (say for example SWA2), but the naming of switch settings would get pretty messy; it'd be a 3-way with positions of HOLD0/HOLD1/SWA2, rather than a cohesive SWA0/SWA1/SWA2

I don't think this could work. The stock 2-way switches are connected directly to either GPIO PC10 or PC11 on one pin and GROUND on the other to detect the switch toggling. The Addition of SWA0/1/2 goes through the button matrix and uses GPIO PB6,PB8 and PC6. Not quite compatible.

HockeyZ39 wrote: Don't know why I didn't just think to physically replace the 2-way with the 3-way addon wired normally. Pretty simple, heh.

This could possibly work, but do note that this means the removed 2-way switch (either HOLD or FMOD) will still be active in deviationtx firmware with no way for you to toggle it.

This could mess with imported model.ini files. The missing switch will still show up as an option and input within your various menus. Also, the mixer seems to always (I believe) add CH5 as GEAR which is mapped to HOLD in the 7e, so if you remove HOLD, this could cause potential problems.

TBH, you are probably going to see the least problems by not removing any of the stock switches and just add in another 3-way (SWA0/1/2) switch.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds