Get me back in the loop

More
22 Apr 2016 11:35 #46976 by aperseghin
Get me back in the loop was created by aperseghin
I have been away a while and feel like im out of the loop. I wanted to know where the project is with the following;
  • Taranis port
  • universal module
  • voice alerts
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2016 12:51 - 22 Apr 2016 12:51 #46981 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Get me back in the loop

aperseghin wrote: I have been away a while and feel like im out of the loop. I wanted to know where the project is with the following;

• Taranis port

On hold until we have a universal module

• universal module
  • There is a new 4-in-1 rx module which is being developed in China. I've decided to try to design the universal module around that as it solves the 'how do I sell these legally' issue. I am waiting for a 2nd revision of the board to fix some issues before continuing

• voice alerts
  • I don't know anything about that. Discussion must have happened while I was away.
    Last edit: 22 Apr 2016 12:51 by PhracturedBlue.

More
    22 Apr 2016 12:55 #46983 by aperseghin
    Replied by aperseghin on topic Get me back in the loop
    Ok so voice alerts were a discussion a while back (there is even a voice alerts test build) but that was for devo transmitters. Since Taranis (which is on hold) has a built in speaker for voice alerts, we should revisit that code when we move forward with the taranis build. I personally am very interested in the taranis port because im about to buy that radio and would love for deviationtx to run on it.

Im assuming that the Universal module would solve the taranis protocol issues right?

More
    22 Apr 2016 13:51 #46989 by PhracturedBlue
    Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Get me back in the loop
    I don't know what issue you mean, but Deviation likely won't work on a Taranis without the universal tx, and with the UniversalTx you should have access to all protocols Devation supports. I know there is an X9D and X9D-Plus, and potentially several revisions of each. I don't know the differences between them. I think it will be quite some time before the Taranis is supported by Deviation. It is likely we'll tackle the Radiolink AT9/At10 1st.

More
    22 Apr 2016 18:03 #46997 by aperseghin
    Replied by aperseghin on topic Get me back in the loop
    How is the quality on the AT 10 because if thats the case i may just get one of those instead

More
    23 Apr 2016 10:18 #47031 by mwm
    Replied by mwm on topic Get me back in the loop

aperseghin wrote: voice alerts

I don't know that anyone ever found a speaker setup that works well, but it's still next on my list of things to do. The current test build works OK for what it does, which is just let you replace the existing beeps with audio playback. It also includes my "beep" mixer code, which I'm going to do another way.

After the 5.0 release, the things that need to happen are:
    1. Extend the sounds.ini file to allow listing an audio file name.
    2. Add the telemetry values to the sources list (which has been independently requested)
    3. Make the telemetry page an alerts page, picking values from all the sources
    4. Let the user pick the sound to play for an alert
    5. Add the ability to choose an equality test, restoring the "beep" functionality

After that, were can look at how to go about announcing values.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds