Blank screen on startup, devo 10, help

More
22 Apr 2016 19:57 #47000 by Topher
I seem to be having two problems right now. One is that when I turn on my devo 10, running the latest nightly, the screen lights up but is blank, white. The radio is working otherwise, that is it binds and controls the plane currently in memory. I'm not sure is the buttons do anything, but all the controls work. This is happening along with the much worse problem I experienced yesterday when the transmitter seemed to power down briefly, causing a crash. I tried to describe that problem in another thread here. Any thoughts on either problem would be greatly appreciated. I love deviation, it is amazingly versatile, and when it works, is the best, cheapest way to get flying. It works really well with some complex programming for the DLG, and I'd hate to have to give it up, but crashes are not okay.

-Topher

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2016 20:21 #47003 by Topher
Replied by Topher on topic Blank screen on startup, devo 10, help
To add a little info, I started the Tx in USB mode and was able to get into the files. Then, when I cycled the power switch, it booted normally and the screen is behaving normally. Still wonder why it happened.

-Topher

More
25 Apr 2016 06:29 #47141 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Blank screen on startup, devo 10, help
Brightness and contrast settings went wild? You replaced the files with normal settings and everything's back to normal. Maybe you accidentally pressed a button when it was on the page setting brightness and did not notice it.

More
25 Apr 2016 12:52 #47155 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Blank screen on startup, devo 10, help
Or you turned the Tx off/disconnected the thing while the drive was mounted, and managed to corrupt the settings file?

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
25 Apr 2016 13:26 #47159 by Topher
I'm pretty sure I didn't press any buttons or anything like that. i also didn't replace any files. I booted the tx in USB mode, plugged it in to my computer, looked at some files, but didn't change anything. I turned it off, unplugged it, and turned it back on. Now it is working normally. If I corrupted the settings file, I'd expect it to behave the same always, but maybe not. To rule that out, how should I fix it? Thanks for thinking about my issue, BTW.

-Topher

More
26 Apr 2016 11:36 #47226 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Blank screen on startup, devo 10, help
The 10 has known power supply issues if you've got multiple extra rf modules installed. This usually expresses itself as a missing CYRF module at startup, but maybe it caused something else to go into an odd state for a bit? There are hardware fixes for this in the forums, but I haven't tried one.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
26 Apr 2016 15:13 #47244 by Topher
No added modules, bone stock Tx.

-Topher

More
27 Apr 2016 02:12 #47282 by RedSleds
Replied by RedSleds on topic Blank screen on startup, devo 10, help
Whenever I have re-flashed the deviation firmware from a newly downloaded .zip file, my DEVO 10 screen is pretty much blank and unreadable. I have had to go in to the tx.ini file to edit and save the following lines to get the screen to show up where I can read it:

brightness=1
contrast=10

Could that be your problem?

DEVO 10 - Multi-module with nRF24L01 +PA +LNA, A7105 +PA, & CC2500 +PA +LNA transceivers.
Nightly Build: v4.0.1-548bbf5 (6/9/2015)

More
27 Apr 2016 03:44 - 27 Apr 2016 03:44 #47286 by Topher
I will check out the settings, but the weird thing is that it fixed itself without me changing anything. I was having this problem, started in USB mode, looked at some files but changed nothing, turned off the tx, turned it back on again, not in any mode, and the screen was back to normal. I might try reinstalling the nightly build and unmounting it properly.

-Topher
Last edit: 27 Apr 2016 03:44 by Topher.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds