How to change Channel 1 from 1-ELE to 1-THR?

More
11 May 2016 16:33 - 11 May 2016 16:52 #48207 by wireless240
Hi, I am new to this forum and want to ask some questions. I got a Devo 7E with A7105 and NRF24L01 installed. I am using Mode2. I want to ask how to set Channel 1 to THR in setting. eg. In the manual www.deviationtx.com/user-manual/user-manual-7e-10 www.deviationtx.com/manuals/html-devo10/_images/mixer_main.png or just load a "Simple 4 Channel" in the template. In the picture the setting is 1-ELE, how to change it to "1-THR" and so on.
Original -> Goal
1-ELE ->1-THR
2-AIL ->2-AIL?
3-THR ->3-ELE?
4-RUD ->4-RUD

So I can give power to the main motor of the plane when pushing left stick upward(north).
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 May 2016 16:52 by wireless240.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2016 17:13 #48211 by silpstream
Replied by silpstream on topic How to change Channel 1 from 1-ELE to 1-THR?
The answer is in your picture. Lol... hold R+ to reorder.

Jokes aside. Once in that menu use R+ ans L- to select the channel you want to move. Use UP+ and DN- to highlight the up/down buttons. Then ENT to move in the direction you've selected.

Warning: the mixer screen you showed does not affect the mode of the transmitter. If you are in mode 2 left stick vertical direction is throttle. The mixer screen you showed only affect the channel number that the throttle signal is sent on. I.e the channel that the receiver see the throttle signal. This should be matched to your receiver not based on hiw you expect sticks to react.

More
11 May 2016 20:05 - 11 May 2016 20:19 #48228 by wireless240
Replied by wireless240 on topic How to change Channel 1 from 1-ELE to 1-THR?
I follow your instruction and get the following in the Mixer screen.
1-ELE Simple THR
2-AIL Simple ELE
3-THR Simple AIL
4-RUD Simple RUD

Is it mean "in the channel 1 which is originally assign to ELE, now use THR to input."? I need to wait to charge the battery to test before further test to see if it's what I want.

In fact I got a HM830 paper plane and download a *ini from www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs/...r-airplane-model-ini
I am looking more deep on why it's 1-THR in the *.ini and how to set it. I think I can edit the 1-THR in the *.ini in computer using note++ but still want to ask if it can also set by using the devo 7E transmitter itself(without PC).

PhracturedBlue wrote: it is a 2-channel airplane, I've built the protocol with the following channels:
Ch1 (Throttle Stick): Throttle
Ch2 (Aieron Stick): Rudder
Ch3: Accelerate (I believe this just sets max throttle)
Ch4: Rudder Trim
Ch5: Right-Shoulder (no noticable affect)

If you load the *.ini, it will become something like this:
1-THR Simple THR
2-AIL Simple AIL
3-ELE Simple THR....

I am new and still learning the THR AIL ELE RUD. Is there some sequence rules on them. Such as THR= Ch3 or Ch1
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 May 2016 20:19 by wireless240.

More
11 May 2016 20:43 - 11 May 2016 20:50 #48230 by silpstream
Replied by silpstream on topic How to change Channel 1 from 1-ELE to 1-THR?
Yes everything can be programmed on the 7e without using a pc.

What you see in mixer on the left is channel sending order with labels based on how the receiver expects to see it. Often the receiver labels will name their channels. As such this is just a naming convention and will change with different protocols.

The right side allows you to override the source signal that is sent to the channel number but does not change the name.

The problem you are seeing is because you haven't choosen the correct protocol for the model you are flying. You need to set this up in the model page first and select HM830. After that you will see the labels in the order you expect.

You can then use the mixer page to adjust to simple and select the appropriate curves and sources as you see in the ini file.

The sequence rules for TAER, EATR, AETR, etc depends on your protocol based on the receiver you use. Just remember, they are just labels which sugest the sources you need to link, but you are free to send some other source. I.e, the ini file you are looking at is sending a throttle source on both channel 1 and 3 even though 3 is elevator.

I suggest you search for a programming tutorial written by mwm. You'll find it very helpful for learning the programming capabilities of your transmitter. I'm answering you from my phone now so can't really find it, but it's there and worth reading.

Edit: www.deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/5687-ne...ction-to-programming
Last edit: 11 May 2016 20:50 by silpstream.

More
13 May 2016 00:04 #48311 by mwm
The tutorials are both linked in the right hand menu at rc.mired.org. Sound like you want rc.mired.org/p/blog-page.html .

A few words of warning on the labels. Slipstream is quite correct that they are just labels based on how the protocol's receivers expect those channels to be used. But they also get used by deviation in setting up the "default" template. It'll do what the protocol expects as most likely to be right. But 2-channel and 3-channel aircraft tend to do things slightly differently, connecting the RUD channel to the AIL since the RUD is missing. Also, companies that do per-model transmitters tend to tweak the protocols for whatever is easiest for them for every model (or revision of a model!), so while the labels match the model that the protocol was developed from, it may not match other models that work with that protocol.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds