New feature request; Preflight Defaults Check

More
20 May 2016 08:06 - 20 May 2016 08:11 #48844 by Fernandez
When powering on the TX, many Tx have a WARNING and can't start f.i. when throttle is up etc.

I have always too look over all my switches before start flying and powering the model, to disarm, set in correct flight mode etc. When switching beteen models sometimes forgot or can be dangerous.
Would it be an idea, we add feature "pre flight defaults" for each model file, basically to add a save button similar to a failsave, basically set all switches sticks pots in designated take off position, then push the button, save.
When powering on TX and any switch or pot, or stick, trim etc is not in the default saved position, we cannot throtle up and get a warning throttle high, rudder off etc, or Fmod ?
This option to be set on or off.

Just an idea and to make the hobby saver.
Last edit: 20 May 2016 08:11 by Fernandez.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 May 2016 08:11 #48845 by FDR
Actually we have such a feature, it just doesn't have a user interface, but you need to set it in the model.ini file.
This is what the [safety] section is for.

More
20 May 2016 08:20 #48846 by FDR
...you can check channel and stick values as well as button states, but AFAIK the value is limited to "min" and "max".

More
20 May 2016 08:24 - 20 May 2016 08:25 #48847 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic New feature request; Preflight Defaults Check
Great; Will try to set it up then for my models don't use it yet.

Improvement request, feature;
Then to add, a "save preflight defalts" button. So it is pretty easy to store this and set this up.
Just take current settings values of all inputs.
Last edit: 20 May 2016 08:25 by Fernandez.

More
20 May 2016 08:30 #48848 by FDR
I wouldn't like if it stored all the switches and channels, and would keep whining on wrong switch states not even in use, but it could help, if this feature had a user interface to set it up...

More
20 May 2016 10:58 #48851 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic New feature request; Preflight Defaults Check
Hmm then possibly something like, safety page:
List with; All trims, sticks, pots, switches, manual value, or current value, safety on/off.

Another option to activate safety on top even if al setting are ok, is to get back in safety mode whatever the conditons at timer, f.i. any inputs untouched for period of time, setup nr seconds system goes back into safety state, to get out a defined switch, pot, etc to be moved on off up down etc.

More
20 May 2016 11:42 #48855 by mwm
This has been on my list to do for a while. It's pretty simple. You have a source selector, which is all the inputs and outputs plus a delete option, like the boxes in the main page config screen. For each, you have a second selector that adds the the possible values you can test for: Min, Max and Zero (maybe that one is spelled differently).

The page needs "Add" button to add new ones, and either a Save or revert button.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds