7e gimbal/pot shifting?

More
22 May 2016 19:50 - 22 May 2016 20:46 #49038 by Arakon
7e gimbal/pot shifting? was created by Arakon
I was banging the sticks pretty hard from left to right earlier in an attempt to shake a stuck copter from a tree. Afterwards I found out that now my roll center point was off by 20 points, as well as the end points.
Could the pot shift, or is there something in the gimbal that could accidently shift?
After adjusting subtrims, the channel now has a much higher subtrim than other channels (2.5 vs. 0.4 on the others), but appears to work fine.

Edit: Makes no sense at all, but after calibrating the sticks again, it's back to normal.
Last edit: 22 May 2016 20:46 by Arakon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2016 08:09 #49064 by Alexandro
Replied by Alexandro on topic 7e gimbal/pot shifting?
Hello,
i had a similar Problem on a new 7e.
After some search i found it, the Axis of the Pot (the Part with the Wire on it) is a litte bit smaller then the adapting Hole of the Sticks ( Error around 3% on hard moving).
I used some ca Glue on the flat Side of the Pot (a litte Drop and then remove it with Finger to get a thin Layer )
After drying of the Glue the fit was better (do not use to much Glue) and the fit of the Axis was nice.
After a new Calibration the Error was gone ( i moved the Sticks very hard to the end Points ).

This is a normal Error on injection Mold Parts, it was the same on the first Version of the Taranis. Some were ok and some had the Center Error, my one had it on the Elevator Pot.

greetings Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.026 seconds