Rangelink and headtracking

More
29 Jun 2016 13:17 #51170 by NeX
Rangelink and headtracking was created by NeX
Hi all,

i am having some trouble getting my head tracking working now that i have changed the firmware to Deviation.

i am using a rangelink transmitter, so my Devo10 outputs a PPM signal to the rangelink transmitter. that part works, but then there is an input on the rangelink box for the head tracking PPM from the goggles.

the goggles are skyzone goggles, and the head tracking has worked before.

i have not set the PPM extension on the Devo because the extra PPM signal is handled internally in the rangelink box. is that correct?
i have tried different channels on the goggles and i have tried to set the Devo to only use 4 channels, so no matter where the goggle channels begin they shouldn't be blocked by any signal from the Devo

but no matter what i do i cannot seem to get the head tracking working, does anyone have any ideas or advice?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jul 2016 16:30 #51279 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Rangelink and headtracking
What channel numbers does the head tracker send it's data out on? I'm guessing [literally a random guess here] 6,7 and 8?

My guess is that your devo and the head tracker are both sending their data on the same channels and the head tracker is being overwritten (what you would expect, proper safety configuration).

On devo check the channel monitor for channel output, you'll have to check the head trackers doc's for that (you could also do some experimenting with devo's input monitor and wire the head tracker to devo if you absolutely can't find that info) but by far the easiest fist step is checking in the manual... It's not proprietary type data, it's very general info that almost everybody will need to know so I imagine it's probably written somewhere on the Internet or on the box or in the Chinese to English manual (as bad as it might be).

You can use this data to "build" your ppm stream by reordering channels in devo to suite what the head tracker is sending and what the flight controller is setup for.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
04 Jul 2016 22:24 #51299 by NeX
Replied by NeX on topic Rangelink and headtracking
thanks for the reply, the head tracking is only 2 dimensional and outputs on 7 and 8 at the moment but i can cycle through a few preset channels. but the rangelink adds these on to the end of the PPM stream. so if the receiver is a 12 channel then the last two are head tracking regardless of which channels the goggles are outputting.

the current setup is that the devo outputs its PPM via the trainer port and then its the rangelink that adds the head tracking, and this used to work fine before deviation and now it doesn't. but the PPM from the TX is still getting to the craft. so i assume that the Devo is outputting something that the rangelink can forward but refuses to mix with the head tracking channels. maybe because they are two different protocols?

More
05 Jul 2016 01:25 #51302 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Rangelink and headtracking
They're not though, ppm is the protocol. They definitely speak the same "language" the issue is the "dialect" to put it...There's likely timing differences from Devo to your things ppm. Either the timing is totally different or there supposed to be the same but there's minor variances' between them cause of China components or whatever.

I don't know anything about devo's ppm output but likely it's adjustable (the input timing is)

You know you have another option; use a different receiver. Devo will have no problem accepting the HT's input directly and combining it into the output.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
05 Jul 2016 04:15 #51305 by NeX
sorry yea i don't mean different protocols but different timing, i noticed that the deviation firmware allows for the timing to be changed on the PPM stream but i don't know how to find out the timing of the HT stream.

what do you mean by a different receiver? as in ditch the rangelink? because that all worked fine before Deviation

More
05 Aug 2016 08:24 #52456 by NeX
right, i am still struggling with this, but i tried putting the old firmware on the transmitter back on and it still didn't work so i am getting it is the new firmware on the rangelink system. has anyone got head tracking working on the rangelink system using the latest firmware?

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds