Telemetry alarm repetition rate

More
03 Aug 2016 21:37 - 03 Aug 2016 21:40 #52423 by Rollmops67
Telemetry alarm repetition rate was created by Rollmops67
Hello !
I'm trying to make an orange RX receiver with telemetry work on mty Devo 10 with deviation 5.0.0.

I set the telemetry to ON, and read the battery pack voltage, with a treshold of 10.5 volts under wich I trigger telemetry alarm 1.
It works very well, and when my battery pack voltage drops below 10.5 volts the alarm sounds, and the vibrator vibrates.

But the alarm sound (and the associated vibration) repeats without pausing and it becomes exasperating very quickly.

I remember that when I set the transmitter battery alarm (in the transmitter settings menu) I can set the "batt_warning_interval" value to say 15 seconds, so the alarm only beeps every 15 seconds.
The same is possible for the count down timer alarms. (also in the transmitter settings menu)

So my question : is there a possibility to do this for telemetry alarms ?

TIA for your hints !

Roland
Last edit: 03 Aug 2016 21:40 by Rollmops67.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2016 09:53 #52428 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Telemetry alarm repetition rate
Voltage sensor and alarm sound?

Most guys seem to have the tone disabled on Spektrum DX8G1, so do I with Devo10, and just use vibration.

Too bad that the vibration function is not as nice (feelable) as on DX8G1 :-(

If if use a acro plane the vibration will stop as soon as you move the throttle stick from full to 3/4 or from 3/4 to half the stick throttle.
If at 1/2-3/4 stick position there is vibration IMHO you really should just land.

For a heli there may be short throttle / vibration alarm peaks (pitch pumps, loopings, etc.) which hit the lipo C rate, but as soon as you are back to "normal flying" it will stop.
If there is a permanent vibration just land.

Do sou really want a vibration warning / repeat interval too?
As I can remember there was none with DX8G1?

I also do somehow dislike the Deviation countdown timer tone combination.
DX8G1 alarming sequences was IMHO much better...30->10, 10-> 0 to negative timer.

My 2cents

Thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.028 seconds