Hubsan H107d+ 2.4 ghz anttena mod

More
29 Aug 2016 20:46 #53250 by Cory.ross1
Hubsan H107d+ 2.4 ghz anttena mod was created by Cory.ross1
Hello,

I am new to this forum and looking for some help with my 107d+. As I am sure you guys know the range on the D+ is not that great, so to combat this I got some external antenna. The 5.8ghz antenna was easy, simple plug and play however the 2.4ghz, has me hung up. I was ready to do some soldering, but after searching the internet I am unable to find TX board like mine (see pictures). I am unable to find the 2.4ghx antenna on the board, unless it is the inverted F. From what I can do research on is that there is such a thing called an inverted F trace antenna, but this does not tell me any thing. If someone has come across this before please let me know if not, maybe some one might have an answer. thanks and I look forward to reading some stuff on this site.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Aug 2016 01:54 #53252 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Hubsan H107d+ 2.4 ghz anttena mod
Get a Devo F4 / F7?

Looks like the F-trace antennas would be a pain to try to hack, this might be a starting point:
the-dropouts-guide-to-antenna-design/

More
30 Aug 2016 14:25 #53280 by Cory.ross1
Replied by Cory.ross1 on topic Hubsan H107d+ 2.4 ghz anttena mod
Thanks man I will look into that and see what I can find out, however that might be a little over my head. We will see if anyone else has some input.

More
30 Aug 2016 15:49 #53283 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Hubsan H107d+ 2.4 ghz anttena mod
At any case design with PCB antenna has not PA (power amplifier), and so range will not better than 100-150 meters. No matter what antenna you will use. In range of reasonable (antenna design).

More
30 Aug 2016 16:21 #53287 by Cory.ross1
Replied by Cory.ross1 on topic Hubsan H107d+ 2.4 ghz anttena mod
So could I amplify the it, my main goal is to just get the antenna out of the case and give it the ability to point at the quad or general location.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds